20-Minute Tortellini Soup is a great cold weather recipe for easy weeknight dinners. It’s not only delicious and easy to make, it’s economical, too!
Disclosure: This 20-Minute Tortellini Soup recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy an item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Whether you’re knee-deep in holiday plans, or need an easy, go-to weeknight dinner, I’ve got you covered with this 20-Minue Tortellini Soup recipe! It’s deliciously rustic and packed with flavor. It’s a perfect recipe for cooler weather, and my entire family just gobbles it up!
Cook’s Note – 20-Minute Tortellini Soup
- To get this recipe on the table in 20 minutes, chop the tomatoes and basil, and shred the Parmesan cheese while you wait for the chicken stock to come to a low boil.
- This recipe doubles beautifully to feed a crowd.
- For a heartier meal add some cooked ground Italian sausage, either sweet or hot, when you add the tomatoes and beans to the soup.
Cook’s Tools – 20-Minute Tortellini Soup
ONE YEAR AGO: Sweet Chipotle Pork Taco
TWO YEARS AGO: Gingerbread Cookies with Orange Glaze
THREE YEARS AGO: Caramel Cashew Shortbread Bars
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 10-ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 15-ounce can beans (cannellini or garbanzo)
- 1 cup chopped fresh Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In soup pot, bring chicken stock, garlic powder, and fennel seeds to low boil. Add tortellini and cook 8-9 minutes, or until tender. Add beans, tomatoes, and basil; reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve!