These Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes are everything you love about blueberry pancakes but in cupcake form!
Cook’s Note – Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes:
- This recipe made 30 standard-sized cupcakes using my trusty 4-tablespoon scoop.
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3⅓ C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 T cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- 1 C sour cream
- ⅓ C milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 ½ C fresh or frozen blueberries
- Maple Buttercream:
- ½ C butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ C real Maple Syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- 5 ½ C powdered sugar
- Milk, as needed
- Garnish (optional):
- Cinnamon sugar
- fresh blueberries.
- For the Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 360 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and set aside.
- Using a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla extract and sour cream until combined, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- On low speed, add eggs and egg whites one at a time until each is fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the wet (milk, vanilla extract and sour cream). Let each ingredient fully mix in before adding the other, be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in blueberries. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for about 16-19 minutes (rotating pans half-way through), or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes on a wired-rack for at least 30 minutes before piping on the frosting.
- Maple Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar and beat on low until combined, then increase speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. If needed add 1 tablespoon of milk to loosen.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with cinnamon sugar and berries (optional).
Source: adapted from Your Cup of Cake
Disclosure: This post for Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.