The folks over at Mrs. Cubbison’s have a fabulous website dedicated to Thanksgiving Tips and Recipes, be sure to check it out!
- ½ lb bacon
- 2 medium celery ribs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large GrannySmith Apple
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
- ½ tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves
- 12 oz Box Mrs. Cubbison’s Classic Seasoned Dressing
- 2½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Adjust oven rack to the center position and heat the oven to 350˚F.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp and brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the celery, onion, and apple to the same skillet the bacon was cooking in (don’t drain off the bacon grease) and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the parsley, thyme, sage, and marjoram and stir. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, chicken broth and bacon to the vegetable and apple mixture.
- Place the stuffing mixture into a buttered 9x13 pan, or any other 3 quart pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
Source: a Food Folks and Fun original!
Disclaimer: This sponsorship is brought to you by Mrs. Cubbison’s whom I have partnered with for this promotion.