Since then, we usually celebrate Anniversaries and other special occasions with homemade Fondue. This past Mother’s Day Curtis and Mia made a Copycat recipe for the Melting Pot’s Spinach Artichoke Fondue for me. It was beyond fabulous and tasted just likethe real thing! We loved it so much that I made it again later in the week.
Butterkäse was a little hard to find, so plan for this. My local Vons/Safeway didn’t carry it, but the Commissary on base and Sprouts did. If you can’t find Butterkäse, you can substitute Farmer’s cheese. Just note the flavor profile won’t be exactly right.
- 3 usa fl oz white wine or vegetable broth
- 1½ cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 3 oz Butterkäse cheese
- 3 oz Fontina Cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- hot sauce
- Your favorite crusty bread
- Combine Butterkäse, Fontina, and Parmesan in a medium bowl. Add the flour and toss gently with your hands. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the white wine or vegetable broth in a medium-sized saucepan. When slightly bubbling, add spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic and mix well. Let the mixture come back up to a bubble and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the cheese and mix constantly until well combined. Stir in the hot sauce.
- Transfer the cheese fondue to a per-heated fondue pot set to low and enjoy!