I’m slowly adjusting to life with 2 kiddos. I definitely can’t get as much done everyday as I used to so it’s no wonder I’m all about easy dinners that are tasty and don’t take too long. Oh yea, and pumpkin. If I can add pumpkin to anything, that’s a bonus. It is fall after all. 🙂 Enter Spicy Pumpkin Chili.
This is an easy feel-good fall dish that is super spicy, just how I like it. My hubby thought it was a little too spicy <lightweight> so if you’re not into super spicy dishes, you might want to turn down the spice a little by cutting back on the chipotle peppers. But if you are into spicy food, this is the chili for you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large red, yellow, or green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 15-Ounce Can pumpkin
- 1 14.5-Ounce Can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5-Ounce Can black beans, drained
- 2 Cups water
- sour cream
- your favorite mexican cheese
- In large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. Add in the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute until the onions turn opaque and begin to brown a little on the edges, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the ground beef and using the back of a wooden spoon break the meat apart into chunks and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the chili powder and chipotle chilies and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the pumpkin, diced tomatoes, black beans, and water. Increase the temperature to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with sour cream & cheese and serve.
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, All Our Days, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane,I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Uncommon Designs, The 36th Avenue, Funky Junk Interiors, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts, A Glimpse Inside, Today’s Creative Blog