Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community where I used M&Ms to make these baked goods, Browned Butter and M&M Pretzel Cookies, that are great for any celebration. #BakingIdeas #shop #cbias
So I took a yummy browned-butter cookie base and added the most colorful chocolate candies out there, M&M’s. I wanted something salty to offset the sweet so in went salted pretzels, too.
These would be a perfect office party recipe or even a class party recipe. You look at these and they just sort of make you smile, they’re so colorful and cheerful. And cheer is something that’s welcome at any party!
This is a great, versatile recipe that can be used with or without a stand mixer.
- 2½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ Cups (20 Tablespoons) unsalted butter cut into 20 peices
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1½ Teaspoons table salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1½ Cups mini pretzels, roughly chopped
- 1 cup plain M&Ms
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Sift flour and baking soda together into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt 14 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Swirl the pan constantly as the butter cooks and it becomes dark golden brown and gives off a nutty aroma, about 1-3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir remaining 6 tablespoons butter into hot butter until completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl add both kinds of sugar, salt and vanilla, give it a quick whisk to combine. Add in the butter and whisk until fully incorporated. Add the egg and yolks and whisk until smooth and there are no lumps, about 30 seconds. Let the mixture sit for 3 minutes, then whisk for another 30 seconds. Repeat the resting and whisking 3 more times until the mixture has become thick, smooth, shiny, and lightened in color.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture until just combined and no flour clumps remain. Stir in roughly chopped pretzel pieces and M&Ms.
- Use a 3 tablespoons scoop (or a #24 cookie scoop) to scoop the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets .
- Bake cookies 1 cookie sheet at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, 9 to 13minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack; cool cookies completely before serving.
Want some more M&M baking fun? Click here!
Right now there is an awesome Baking is Better with M Pinterest Sweepstakes going on for M&M’s!
Pin for a chance to win one of three $250 Walmart gift cards! It’s as easy as submitting your email and pinning an image. Simply complete the following steps:
1. Enter your email in the form below and click “Enter”
2. Pin the contest image to any of your own Pinterest boards
3. Visit the Baking with M Pinterest board and Re-Pin your favorites to enter http://www.pinterest.
Three (3) Winners will be selected at random – One (1) entry per person.
Contest runs 12/06/13 – 12/31/13
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, All Our Days, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane,I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Uncommon Designs, The 36th Avenue, Funky Junk Interiors, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts, A Glimpse Inside, Today’s Creative Blog, The Idea Room, 30 Handmade Days, The 36th Avenue