I’ve been on a peppermint kick this Christmas season. Peppermint Bark Brownies, Peppermint Roulade, Peppermint Cheesecake Dip, and now these Loaded Peppermint Cookies! If you like peppermint, then these cookies are for you. They pack a pretty powerful peppermint punch, and the white chocolate in both the Kisses and Andes bits smooths the flavor out nicely.
These were quick and easy to make and they end up making 48 peppermint cookies!
Cook’s Note – Loaded Peppermint Cookies:
- To make sure the Peppermint Kisses don’t melt and loose their signature shape, do no remove the cookies from the cookie sheets until they’re cool and the Peppermint Kisses have set. To speed up this process, I very carefully place my cookie sheets into the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
- 1 10-ounce package Peppermint Hershey Kisses
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 10-ounce package Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats and unwrap the Peppermint Kisses.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- On low speed add the vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time until combined. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter and egg mixture and mix until just combine.
- Add the crushed candy canes and Andes baking chips to the dough and mix until combined.
- Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, scoop the dough onto your prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until the cookies are puffed up and the edges just begin to set. Immediately press the Peppermint Kisses into the center of each cookie. Move cookie sheets to a wire rack to cool completely before moving them off the sheets.