Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This Honey-Lime Chipotle Salsa Recipe has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias #mysummersavings
It’s Family Night Taco Night at our house. This means I’ve pulled out an Old El Paso Taco Kit from the pantry and whipped up some homemade Honey-Lime Chipotle Salsa with my Ninja Professional Blender. I’m all about quick and easy meals that don’t skimp on flavor. That’s why I turn to Old El Paso Taco Kits, they deliver big taste without all the fuss. That way I have plenty of time to spend with my family.
Salsa is a must on taco night. I like coming up with new recipes and combinations to compliment my tacos. Tonight I made my Honey-Lime Chipotle Salsa recipe. The salsa came out amazingly and the best part is that it came together in all of TWO MINUTES! That’s right; delicious, homemade salsa ready in two minutes. My secret weapon? It’s my Ninja Professional Blender and beautiful, fresh produce.
By now you know I’m all about quick & easy meals, but it doesn’t stop there. I’m all about quick & easy, one-stop shopping, too. That’s why I head to Walmart to pick up Old El Paso Taco Kits for easy dinners, along with fresh produce, and even my Ninja Professional Blender to make my salsa. Now that’s some one-stop shopping.
The reason why my salsa recipe takes only two minutes to make is because of the Ninja blender. It packs a powerful punch, plus the blades inside the blender are stacked three high. This means there’s no need to scrape down the sides of the blender and no added steps–you just pop in all of your ingredients, pulse, and you’re done!
I like my salsa with some small chunks of tomato in it, that’s why I blend all the other ingredients first and then the tomato. If chunky salsa isn’t your thing, then add the tomatoes in with all of the other ingredients and blend to your desired consistency.
This salsa has a mild kick to it. If you like your salsa with more heat, add another chipotle pepper to the mix before blending.
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed and dried
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- ½ large red onion, outer peel and root discarded
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 4 large roma tomatoes, core removed and quartered
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients except for the tomatoes in the blender. Mince by pulsing four or five times for 1 second each. Add the tomatoes and roughly chop by pulsing one or two times for 1 second each.
- Place salsa in a bowl and either serve or chill. Salsa will keep for about 3 days. Give salsa a quick stir and season with salt before serving.