Disclosure: This recipe for Snickers Cupcakes includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running.
I have made these cupcakes a few times now, and I love them more and more every time I make them. Let me break these Snickers Cupcakes down for you: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with a Snickers Bite baked into it, Caramel Buttercream, and a Snickers Bite on top. Delicious, right? The dark chocolate cupcake recipe is a solid recipe to have in your repertoire. It has come out perfectly every time I have made it. If you want to make these Snickers Cupcakes even more decadent, drizzle a little caramel over the top.
Snickers Cupcakes Cook’s Note:
*This recipe makes a ton of cupcakes, so it’s good to make when feeding a crowd or for a potluck.
*I used, and highly recommend, my favorite Ateco Decorating Tip Kit to frost these cupcakes. The tips are HUGE and you really only need to be a beginner cake decorator to get beautiful results. Plus a quality reusable piping bag comes with the kit, so it’s a great buy.
*These cupcakes will keep at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. I recommend Collapsible Cupcake Carrier for storing and transporting cupcakes. I think I’ve bought 3 now; one for myself and the others for gifts. It holds 24 cupcakes or a large, round layer cake.
- Serves: 30-32 Cupcakes
- Serving size: 1 Cupcake
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, I used Hershey's Special Dark
- ¾ cup hot water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups unsalted butter
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 8 ounce package Snickers Bites, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup caramel topping; plus more for garnish (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- milk for thinning the buttercream as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water until smooth. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and the sugar over medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally to combine, until the butter is melted. Remove the mixture from the heat and transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-low speed, 4-5 minutes, until the mixture is cooled. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed and beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla and then the cocoa mixture and beat until incorporated. With the mixer on low speed add in the dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with the sour cream, beating until just combined.
- Using a level 4 Tablespoon scoop scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake liners. Place a Snickers Bite into the middle of each cupcake, and use an offset spatula or knife to cover the Snickers Bite with batter. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Cool the cupcakes in the pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream the butter and shortening on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, salt, and caramel and mix on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition. After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, give it a taste and decide if you want to add in more caramel. For thicker buttercream you can gradually add in a little more sugar. If you add in too much, use a little milk, ½ tablespoon at a time, to thin the buttercream.
- Place the buttercream in a disposable piping bag fitted with a large tip. Pipe buttercream onto cupcakes and top each cupcake with a Snickers Bite. Drizzle with extra caramel if desired.
I’m linking up this recipe for Snickers Cupcakes at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple,Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog