School mornings are a little hectic. Let’s face it, we’ve all walked out of the house in the morning without eating breakfast. We all know that’s a big “no-no”, but it still happens. One way to make sure this doesn’t happen is by having a few quick, grab-n-go breakfast items on hand. These Smoked Sausage Breakfast Burritos are among a favorite in my house for gran-n-go breakfasts.
Eating the same breakfast each morning can get a little boring. That’s why I like to do a little switcharoo. I swap out the typical meats that you’d find in breakfast burritos for Farmer John’s Smoked Sausage. Their wholesome smoked sausages come in new artisan flavors for endless recipe possibilities.
Click here to see flavor options and product details. Find more switcharoo recipes and meal inspirations here.
Cook’s Note for Smoked Sausage Breakfast Burritos:
- The recipe does now include salt & pepper and any milk you may add to your eggs before scrambling them. I left this out intentionally because everyone cook’s their eggs differently.
- If you’re freezing these burritos for use at a later time, wrap them in plastic wrap and place the wrapped burritos into a freezer bag for storing. To reheat unwrap a burrito, place it on a microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 2.5-3 minutes, depending on your microwave. You’ll want to let the burrito cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Serves: 8 burritos
- Serving size: 1 burrito
- 1 29-ounce can pinto beans, undrained
- 2 4-ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 14-ounce package Farmer John's Hot Louisiana Smoked Sausage
- 1 28-ounce bag frozen diced O'Brien potatoes
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 8 large burrito-size tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- Heat a large saucepan over medium beat, add the pinto beans, green chiles, and bullion cube. Cook until the mixture reaches a bubble, then reduce heat and simmer until ready to assemble the burritos, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the sausage as per the package instructions. Slice each sausage link into 8 pieces, set aside.
- Cook the frozen potatoes as per the package instructions, set aside.
- Scramble the eggs to your liking, set aside.
- Lay the tortillas on a cutting board. Layer ¼ cup of the shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, potatoes, pinto bean mixture, and 4 of the sausage pieces. Fold burrito-style and serve.
I’m linking up this recipe for Smoked Sausage Breakfast Burritos at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs