Disclosure: This post for 5 Family Beach Essentials is sponsored. As always all opinions are mine alone.
My family and I live in southern California. We’re only 7.6 miles from the beach, so we go there a lot! All year round, day, night, sunny, overcast, and rainy…we’ve done it all. Today, I’m sharing our 5 essentials for a family fun day at the beach! I keep these 5 things in my car at all times, along with a swim suit, change of clothes and towel for each one of us.
- Baby Powder. My biggest pet peeve about spending the day at the beach is all of the sand that ends up in the car. Even when we rinse our legs and feet off at the showers before hopping in the car, we still manage to take a lot of the beach home with us. A friend of mine told me she keeps baby powder in the car. All you do is sprinkle baby powder on your kids’ feet and legs, give a gentle rub and the sand will just fall off! Genius!
- First Aid Kit. Scratches, stings, bug bites, and even splinters are an expected part of beach life. Being prepared is key, you never know when you’ll need a pair of tweezers or a band aid! A small first aid kit with the essentials should do it.
- Bring lots of sunscreen! I like sunscreen that’s specifically made for kids. It has a high SPF and is usually water and sweat proof. TIP: Set your phone timer to go off every 2 hours while you’re at the beach so you reapply sunscreen.
- Baby Wipes. Whether your kids are out of diapers or not, bring the baby wipes! I cannot tell you how many times I’ve used them to get sand off of faces, little hands before eating, and even out of the eyes. They’re a life saver for sure!
- Lots of Snacks and Water. Ditch the sandwiches and bring snacks, LOTS of snacks! Getting my kids to sit down for 2 minutes to eat a sandwich while at the beach is like herding wet cats. They’re too busy running in and out of the surf, digging in the sand and making sand castles. That’s why I bring lots of quick & easy snacks for them that they can eat on the go. And man do they go! That’s where Fisher Nut Exactly Snack Bites come in.
My family LOVES Nut Exactly Snack Bites in Almond Blueberry Dipped in Dark Chocolate. Let me break them down for you: they’re the first snack of its kind with a combination of roasted almonds, sweetened blueberries, pumpkin seeds, and whole grain popcorn. They’re rolled and then dipped in 64% cacao dark chocolate! They’re gluten free and have NO artificial preservatives! They’re a delicious sweet and savory snack with some serious staying power. These Snack Bites in the Almond Blueberry dipped in Dark Chocolate variety just hit the shelves and are exclusive to specific Costco retailers in the San Diego area. These Snack Bites come in a 20 ounce resealable bag which make them even more convenient for trips to the beach!
For more information you can find Fisher Nut Exactly here:
Now for the GIVEAWAY!
One lucky reader will win a prize package that includes:
- 20 ounce bag of Fisher NUT EXACTLY Snack Bites
- $50 Costco Gift Card (it can be used without membership!)
The giveaway is open to U.S. residents aged 18+. The giveaway will close on Monday, July 13th at 12:00 A.M. The winner will be informed on July 13th and will have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. GOOD LUCK!