Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe – this is my all-time favorite pinto beans recipe for stuffing into burritos. These pinto beans are easy to make and so tasty!
Whether you stuff these pinto beans into your favorite burrito or serve them with your favorite Mexican dish, they’re delicious! This pinto beans recipe is full of roasted and chopped Hatch green chile. Hatch green chile is in season right now. Throughout the Southwest and parts of California you can purchase 30 pound bags of them at your local grocery store and have them roasted on site. If you don’t live in an area when you can get them roasted fresh, no worries! The canned chopped green chile is just as good! With this recipe you’ll need 2 cups of chopped green chile!
Cook’s Note – Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe
- WARNING: while cooking these pinto beans will fill your house with a heavenly aroma!
- This pinto beans recipe makes about 16-18 cups of beans!
- Cooked pinto beans can be frozen in an air-tight container for up to 6 months.
Cook’s Tools – Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe
- Large Crock Pot (I own this one and it’s my favorite!)
- 3 cups dried pinto beans, rinsed and picked over
- 8 cups water
- 16 ounces canned diced green chile
- 2½ Tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- cotija cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Add all of the ingredient except for the cheese to a large crock pot.
- Cook on high for 8-9 hours. The beans should be nice and tender. Serve with crumbled cotija cheese (optional).
If you enjoyed this Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe, then try my Crock Pot Restaurant Style Refried Beans!
Disclosure: This post for Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.