This shop has been compensated by Vons. All opinions are mine alone. #StockUpOnPace #Vons #CollectiveBias
When we have overnight guests I like to put in a little more effort for breakfast than just cereal and milk. My go-to breakfast is this Breakfast Taco Bar. Overnight guests love it because they can usually find something they like, and I like it because it’s SUPER easy!
I also like serving this Breakfast Taco Bar when we have folks over for early morning college football games. The options are endless, and regardless of dietary restrictions.
Right now my local Vons store has a fabulous deal on Pace 16 ounce jars of salsa (2 for $4!). I like to stock up on a few varieties of salsa with differnt heat levels. That way I have salsa for the spicy food lovers in the room, and for those who have a whimpy, er I mean delicate palate. 😉 Pace is a great ingredient to have stocked in your pantry. I use it to add flavor to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
I found Pace Salsa on the Hispanic food aisle at my local Vons store. Stock up with their 2/$4 deal from 9/30-10/13!
Cook’s Note – Breakfast Taco Bar
- Cook up your favorite fillings for your own taco bar. Some delicious additions would be bacon, country ham, hash browns, sour cream, etc.
- I used my favorite refried beans recipe for these breakfast tacos. My Green Chile Pinto Beans would be amazing, too!
- 16 ounces bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups refried beans, warmed (homemade or canned)
- 16 ounce jar Pace Chunky Salsa
- 2 large avocados, diced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook to sausage. Use the back of a wooden spoon to break the meat apart and crumble while it cooks. Continue until cooked through and browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Move sausage to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Leave all but 2 tablespoons of the sausage grease in the skillet. In a large bowl add the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until scrambled and cooked through.
- Put the sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese, refried beans, salsa, and diced avocado in serving bowls. Serve!
Source: adapted from this recipe for Breakfast Tacos
How many jars of Pace are you going to pick up during the stock up sale?