These Triple Chocolate One Bowl Brownies are rich, fudgy, and so incredibly easy to make! One bowl is all it takes to make this kitchen staple!
Disclosure: This Triple Chocolate One Bowl Brownies recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
This is the best brownies from scratch recipe EVER! I have tried quite a few brownie recipes in my day, but this recipe, that I adapted slightly from Cook’s Illustrated, is the best brownie recipe out there!
The deep, rich flavor of these brownies is due to a triumvirate of chocolate: semisweet, unsweetened, and cocoa powder. The three different kinds of chocolate work together to smooth out the complex flavor of these brownies.
Cook’s Note – One Bowl Brownies
- Leftover brownies can be kept in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- These brownies are SUPER rich, that’s why I suggest slicing them into 12-16 pieces.
- I served these One Bowl Brownies with my favorite Peanut Butter Buttercream recipe. The chocolate and peanut butter combination just cannot be beat!
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – One Bowl Brownies
- 8×8 pan
- nonstick foil
- heat-proof mixing bowl
- wire rack
- semisweet chocolate
- unsweetened chocolate
- cocoa powder
- chocolate chips
ONE YEAR AGO: Pumpkin Parfait Breakfast Popsicles
TWO YEARS AGO: Tamale Pie
THREE YEARS AGO: Melting Pot Copycat – Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 8 Tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray pan with nonstick cooking spray, line 8x8-inch baking pan with 2 pieces of foil, leaving 3-inch overhang on all sides. Spray with nonstick cooking spray again, and set aside.
- In large heat-proof bowl add chopped chocolate and butter. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth. Set mixture aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt into chocolate mixture until combined; then mix in flour with wooden spoon until combined. Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth into corners, and level surface. Bake on middle rack until slightly puffed and toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool brownies to room temperature on wire rack, about 2 hours. Remove brownies from pan using foil overhang, and cut into 12-16 squares. Serve naked or with your favorite frosting (I personally love these with a little peanut butter buttercream).