These ultimate Birthday Rice Krispies Treats are huge, gooey, and the perfect no-bake treat for birthdays! Try these instead of cupcakes for your kid’s next school birthday treat!
Does your family have a month where a ton of birthdays, anniversaries, or other celebrations happen? Mine sure does, and it’s the month of July. We have so many birthdays and anniversaries in July that I hate to say it, but cake gets a little boring after a while. That’s why I love this Birthday Rice Krispies Treat recipe. It’s just as festive as any cake or cupcake. Plus, it’s no-bake and there’s no need to heat up the oven during the hottest month!
This isn’t your typical rice krispies treat recipe. These treats are huge, I mean super huge! They’re like 3 times the thickness of regular treats but they still have that gooey marshmallow perfection!
Cook’s Note – Birthday Rice Krispies Treats
- You can turn these Birthday Rice Krispies Treats into regular ones by ditching the rainbow jimmies and buttercream.
- These Rice Krispies Treats would also be great for potlucks and bake sales because they make a TON!
Cook’s Tools – Birthday Rice Krispies Treats
ONE YEARS AGO: Aloha Salsa
TWO YEARS AGO: Holy Cannoli Ice Cream
THREE YEARS AGO: Italian Chopped Pasta Salad
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package tiny marshmallows
- 3 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow fluff or crème
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 15 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup rainbow jimmies + more for garnish
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ Tablespoon cream or milk
- Pinch salt
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In very large pot or Dutch oven melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir constantly and cook until melted. Remove pot from heat and stir in marshmallow fluff and vanilla. Gently stir in Rice Krispies and jimmies until cereal is evenly quoted. Pour mixture into prepared pan and use wax paper over the top to press mixture firmly into pan. Let treats cool for at least 1 hour before frosting.
- FOR THE BUTTERCREAM: Using a stand mixer beat butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Reduce speed to medium-low and slowly add confectioners’ sugar, and beat until smooth, about 2-5 minutes. Add vanilla, cream, and salt and increase speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 4-8 minutes.
- Spread buttercream evenly over treats (I like using a small offset spatula). Garnish with rainbow jimmies. Using foil liner, lift treats from pan. Cut into 24 bars and serve.
Disclosure: This post for Birthday Rice Krispies Treats recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.