Ooey-gooey, soft & chewy caramel corn.
Crunchy, golden caramel corn.
Can’t decide? No worries, this recipe accounts for both tastes! I’m personally more of a crunchy caramel corn girl myself, and a bowl full of it is like heaven!
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3- 2.9 ounce bags microwave popcorn
- Preheat oven to 200F for a softer caramel corn, or 225F for a more crunchy caramel corn.
- Pop the 3 bags of popcorn and place the popcorn in a large aluminum foil pan. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, stirring to coat well. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread the caramel corn over waxed paper to dry and cool.
I’m linking up this Caramel Corn Recipe at:
Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts