In my opinion there’s no better dessert combination than chocolate and peanut butter. Have you ever had “one of those days” and needed a chocolate and peanut butter fix stat, but didn’t have the time to whip something up from scratch? Yeah, me too. That’s why I came up with this pantry baking recipe for Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting.
These brownie bites are semi-homemade but entirely delicious. The key to these is to start with a quality brownie mix. I used a 20-ounce Ghirardelli Brownie Mix.
Finished brownie bites will keep chilled, in an air-tight container, up to 1 week (but I promise they won’t last that long). Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
- 1 20-ounce Ghirardelli Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 Cup mini Reese's Pieces, plus more for garnish
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- ½ Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoon milk, depending on the consistency you want
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with non-cook cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the brownie batter as per the box instructions, and fold in the Reese's Pieces. Fill each muffin cup ⅔ full of batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted to the edge bites comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the mini muffin pan, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack, about 40 minutes.
- Add the butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low until combined, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency is reached. Beat for 2 minutes on medium to make the frosting fluffy.
- pipe or spread the frosting atop the cooled brownie bites. Top with Reese's Pieces and serve.
Check out more of my Chocolate and Peanut Butter Recipes:
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple,Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog