This easy ham and cheese quiche recipe has a creamy smooth custard interior, and it’s filled to the brim with ham and Swiss cheese. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
Disclosure: This Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy an item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
There are 2 things that I absolutely love about quiche:
- The savory, creamy, custard-like interior.
- The fact that they’re not fussy.
You can serve quiche warm or at room temperature. Plus, you can even make it ahead of time for brunch, showers, etc. I also love the versatility of quiche. You can make it with all sorts of fillings: bacon, ham, sausage, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, tomato, basil, and basically any kind of cheese, too! I love the classic combination of ham and Swiss cheese, and in a quiche it’s so tasty!
COOK’S NOTE – Ham and Cheese Quiche
- This ham and cheese quiche recipe can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours, or covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- I used Pillsbury 9-inch frozen deep pie crust for this recipe. (I know, I know…I didn’t make my own crust, but honestly frozen crusts taste amazing. Plus it makes this recipe even easier!)
COOK’S TOOLS – Ham and Cheese Quiche RECIPE
- baking sheet
- 10-inch skillet
- medium mixing bowl
- wire rack
- pie storage container (this is my all-time favorite storage container for all kinds of pies, quiche, and even cookies!)
ONE YEAR AGO: Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
TWO YEAR AGO: Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
THREE YEARS AGO: Simple Beef Chili
- 1 9-inch frozen deep pie crust in aluminum tin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1½ cups diced ham
- 6 oz. Swiss Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place oven rack in middle position, place cookie sheet on oven rack and preheat to 375 degrees F. Take pie crust out of freezer and let stand 10 minutes, then prick crust 25 times with fork. Place pie crust on the preheated cookie sheet in the oven, and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- While pie crust bakes, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges begin to brown, about 6-8 minutes. Add onions, ham, and Swiss cheese to bottom of pre-baked pie crust.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, half and half, salt and pepper until combined. Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake quiche on top of cookie sheet 35-40 minute or until quiche is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Move quiche to wire rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
More Breakfast Recipes: