This post for Garden Bean Salad is sponsored by ALDI. Thank you for supporting brands that make Food, Folks, and Fun possible.
In my recent post about ALDI, Shopping at ALDI: a Beginner’s Guide, I shared with you some of the products ALDI sent me and the ones I shopped for as part of my partnership with them. Today, I’m sharing the delicious dishes I made from those ingredients! All of them are perfect for summer, and I’m sure they’ll make their way into your recipe box!
ALDI sent me four ALDI Craves recipe cards directly from their Test Kitchen! Each recipe is made from ALDI ingredients that are tested by ALDI culinary experts for quality and freshness. I have loved making the Quinoa Lentil Tacos, Blueberry Chia Pudding, Lemon Fruit Bruschetta, and the Garden Bean Salad recipes! All of the recipes were extremely easy to make and my family loved them!
The first recipe I made was the Quinoa Lentil Tacos. The tacos had such bright and bold flavors. The recipe gets its bold flavors from the use of 7 Stonemill Essentials spices and seasonings. The tacos are made healthier with the use of ALDI SimplyNature Organic Quinoa! The tacos are very economical and they will cost about $0.67* a serving! You can get the recipe here.
The next recipe I made was Blueberry Chia Pudding. I think this pudding can be served for dessert, breakfast, or even a light lunch! The Southern Grove Chia Seeds are so nutritious, and the L.R. Rice Raw & Unfiltered Local Southern California Honey, blueberries, and Southern Grove Chopped Walnuts add just the right amount of sweetness and crunch. The pudding costs about $1.09* a serving to make! You can get the recipe here.
Then I tried the Lemon Fruit Bruschetta recipe. This recipe was like a fresh flavor explosion in my mouth! The sweet fruit and L.R. Rice Raw & Unfiltered Local Southern California Honey paired with the savory Happy Farms Preferred Plain Goat Cheese Log, and basil had the perfect flavor combination. I would serve this recipe for brunch or as an appetizer. The fruit bruschetta only costs about $0.87* a serving! You can get the recipe here.
Next, I tried the Garden Bean Salad, and it is my favorite recipe of the bunch. It will quickly become part of your recipe repertoire because it’s perfect as a barbecue side dish, lunch, or even hearty enough for dinner! Plus, it will only cost you about $1.12* a serving! You can get the recipe below!
Cook’s Note – Garden Bean Salad
- This salad can be made a day in advance. Wait to add the avocado until ready to serve.
- This will serve 6-8 as a side dish, and 3-4 as a main dish. To stretch it even further I’d add some roasted chicken to this Garden Bean Salad.
- 15.5 oz. SimplyNature® Organic Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz. SimplyNature® Organic Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz. SimplyNature® Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup SimplyNature® Organic Asian Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup SimplyNature® Organic Baby Spinach
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground Stonemill Essentials Sea Salt Grinder
- ½ teaspoon ground Stonemill Essentials Peppercorn Grinder
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
For more delicious ALDI Craves recipes, find ALDI here:
*Prices based on retails on 3/4/2016. Prices subject to change and may vary by store location.