Today I’m sharing this creamy, fluffy, portable Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip with you. I’ve made it a twice now; once for a my sister-in-law’s baby shower, and once for a book group I hosted. Both times I made the dip it got fantastic reviews and multiple people asking for the recipe.
I’ve done quite a few dessert dips now and I just LOVE them. They have the same portability of savory dips, but they’re sweet and oh so irresistible. This Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip is no different. It has the perfect balance of tangy lemon and sweet, fluffy cream.
Cook’s Note – Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip:
Your cream cheese needs to just be softened, NOT room temperature. Room temperature cream cheese will make the mixture too loose.
After you’ve beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon curd together, you MUST fold in the cool whip. If you beat it in like the other ingredients, you run the risk of having a soupy mess on your hands.
I used Dickinson’s Lemon Curd for this recipe. Feel free to substitute 1 1/4 cups of homemade lemon curd if you’d like to go that route.
My favorite way to serve this dip is with vanilla wafers, graham cracker, and pie crust dippers (I simply make them by cutting refrigerated pie crust sheets from the grocery store and baking at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes).
- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened
- ¼ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 10-ounce jar lemon curd
- 1 8-ounce container Extra Creamy Cool Whip
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium bowl using an electric hand beater, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until combined and creamy. Add the lemon curd and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Fold in the Extra Creamy Cool Whip and transfer dip to your serving bowl. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Check out my other cheesecake dessert dips: