Disclosure: This post for Make Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running. See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Make Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Roasted Pine Nuts
Today I’m sharing with you another recipe from my Everything but the Turkey series, it’s a fabulous Thanksgiving appetizer that can be made ahead of time1
I LOVE goat cheese, and I love putting it in just about everything! The combination of goat cheese, pine nuts, and chives is SO delicious. If chives aren’t your thing feel free to use any other fresh herb.
How to Make the Stuffed Mushrooms ahead of time:
- Make the recipe up to Step 5. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Because the mixture is cold, you’ll need to add a couple of minutes to the baking time.
- You can prep the stuffed mushrooms and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice + the zest from from 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons sliced, fresh chives (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Or you can use a 3-quart baker lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Rinse the mushrooms, pat them dry, and remove the stems. Place them on the baking sheet/baker and brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over all the mushrooms and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice & zest, pepper, garlic powder, chives, pine nuts, and panko. Mix until creamy and combined.
- Fill the mushrooms with a heaping teaspoon-full of the mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the mixture is browned. Cool for a couple of minutes, garnish with chives & toasted pint nuts, and serve.
See Other Everything but the Turkey Posts:
These tips will get an amazing Thanksgiving rolling at your house!
These printables will get you super organized for Thanksgiving!
I’m linking up this recipe for Make Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese at:
Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts