Better than pecan pie bars? Yup, these bars are better than pecan pie. Why? because they’re simple to make, have rich rich, buttery shortbread as their crust, and they’re a smaller portion than pecan pie. That way you can sample other desserts at your holiday feast without going into a sugar coma. 🙂 See, I’ve got your back.
I made these this past weekend and I’m making them again tomorrow for Thanksgiving and probably for Christmas, too.
These can be made up to 2 days in advance, just be sure to store them in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups pecans, roughly chopped
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving overhang on all sides.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour and powdered sugar. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. While still in the bowl, knead the dough until smooth, about 10 times. Pat the dough evenly into your prepared baking pan and prick with a fork 25-30 times.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown in color.
- While the shortbread crust us baking prepare the filling. In a medium bowl add the eggs and sugar. Beat until combined. Add the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt and mix until combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Bake until the topping is golden brown and set, about 25-35 minutes. Let cool for at least 2 hours and then cut into bars.
Looking for some more shortbread bars recipe? Check out my Caramel Cashew Shortbread Bars:
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, All Our Days, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane,I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Uncommon Designs, The 36th Avenue, Funky Junk Interiors, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts, A Glimpse Inside, Today’s Creative Blog, The Idea Room, 30 Handmade Days, The 36th Avenue