This Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookie Pie is a delicious, festive dessert that is perfect for holiday entertaining and SO easy to make. Peppermint, dark chocolate, and sugar cookie-how could you go wrong?!
One thing I love about this time of year is all of the additional entertaining I get to do! For me entertaining is so much more than the food. It’s about community, and the way food can bring people together and create bonds. It’s about making a happy home and making friends, wherever life takes you, and it’s about opening my heart and my home.
My kind of entertaining isn’t complicated or time-consuming. I purposefully make it easy so I can enjoy the company and fellowship of the people I have over. That’s why I love easy, yet completely delicious recipes like this Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookie Pie. This Christmas desserts is so easy to make thanks to a pantry staple, Betty Crocker® Pouch Mix at Walmart!
I shopped for all of the ingredients for this Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookie Pie, including the Betty Crocker® Pouch Mix at Walmart.
Cook’s Note – Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookie Pie:
- This cookie pie will keep, wrapped securely in plastic wrap, for up to 3 days.
- 1 21 oz pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 candy canes, crushed and divided
- 4 ozs. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, use handheld beaters to combine sugar cookie mix, butter, egg, and peppermint extract. Beat until dough comes together and is cohesive, about 1-2 minutes. Using your hands, fold in 4 crushed candy canes (about ¼ cup). Press cookie dough into prepared pie plate, and bake 35-40 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is set but jiggles slightly when shaken. Move pie plate to wire rack and cool completely, about 90 minutes.
- In heat-proof bowl melt chocolate in microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate is melted. Pour chocolate over pie and smooth into even layer. Sprinkle with remaining 2 chopped candy canes. Place pie in fridge so chocolate can set, about 60 minutes. 30 minutes before serving take pie out of fridge. Slice and serve!
Betty Crocker® Pouch Mix at Walmart comes in so many differnt cookie mix varieties: Sugar, Gingerbread, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chunk, Molasses, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Pumpkin Spice, Rainbow Chocolate Candy, Snickerdoodle, Walnut Chocolate Chip, and White Chip Macadamia Nut.
Which variety will you purchase and have on hand for the holidays?