Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop and recipe for Skillet Ziti with Chicken & Broccoli using Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Life seems to be getting busier and busier for my little family, so that’s why I’m all about quick & easy meals that are delicious and something everyone will eat, including my 3-year-old. Not to mention easy to clean up. Today I’m sharing with you a recipe that fits that bill, Skillet Ziti with Chicken & Broccoli that’s cooked in one skillet making clean up a cinch.
A few days ago I was shopping at Walmart for an ingredient I run out of quickly at my house, olive oil. While perusing the olive oil shelf the Butter Flavored Olive Oil from Star caught my eye. Butter flavor AND olive oil? Yep, had to try it so a lovely little bottle came home with me–which is only available at Walmart.
I have been cooking with Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil at every chance I get. I love the layer of smooth, buttery flavor it adds to my dishes and this recipe for Skillet Ziti with Chicken & Broccoli is no different.
I had my olive oil, so then it was time to get the rest of my ingredients. I headed to my local Von’s to pick up my chicken, produce, cheese, pasta, and everything else I needed for this recipe. I like shopping at Von’s because they have quality ingredients that are reasonably priced.
When I got home I prepped my ingredients and got cookin’.
A large, 10-inch, lidded skillet is a must for this recipe. Or in a pinch you can use a wok.
Make sure you have your ingredients all prepped and ready to go before you start cooking, because you need to stick to the cooking times in each step so the broccoli and pasta don’t get over done.
- 2 Tablespoons + more for garnish Butter Flavored Olive Oil by Star
- 1 Pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz Ziti
- 2½ Cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch brocoli (1½ pounds), stems discarded & florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper, rinsed & sliced into strips
- 1 Ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- lemon wedges
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the Butter Flavored Olive Oil.
- Once the olive oil is shimmering, add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is just starting to browned but not fully cooked, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken and juices to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the Butter Flavored Olive Oil to the skillet followed by the onion, oregano, red pepper flakes, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until the onion is softened and just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ziti to the pan followed by the the chicken broth and cream. Give it a quick stir and cover, bringing to a boil, taking about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the broccoli and roasted red peppers. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta starts to soften and broccoli turns bright green, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken and any juices from the bowl. Cover and continue to simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Plate the Ziti and drizzle with the Butter Flavored Olive Oil and lemon wedges.
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime, The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog