These Southwest Kale Stuffed Sweet Potatoes make a flavorful and healthy dinner that’s quick and easy to make! They’re perfect for busy weeknight dinners!
This post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
Every year around this time I struggle with two things:
- Getting dinner on the table quickly.
- Making quick meals that are actually healthy.
I know I’m not alone in this, right? Whether your family includes little ones like mine, or you’re cooking for two, or even cooking for just yourself, I think this is something we all struggle with. Today’s recipe for Southwest Kale Stuffed Sweet Potatoes solve both of these struggles. Not only is this recipe incredibly easy to make, it’s flavor-packed and healthy!
To accomplish an easy, healthy meal I turned to Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits. They have high quality leafy ingredients with great toppings and flavorful dressings. As a result I often have at least one of their salad kits in my refrigerator. These salad kits come in the following varieties: Strawberry Harvest, Sunflower Kale, Asian Sesame, Southwest, and Sweet Kale.
For this recipe I used the Eat Smart Southwest Vegetable Salad Kit. It’s packed with 5 superfoods and includes savoy cabbage, red cabbage, radishes, carrots, kale, corn, tortilla strips, cheddar cheese, and a zesty chipotle dressing.
Cook’s Note – Southwest Kale Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- To make these stuffed sweet potatoes even quicker, you can cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave. Just scrub them, prick with a fork 4-5 times, and cook on high for about 10 minutes, or until fork-tender. Then you simply slice, stuff, and serve!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed and patted dry
- 1 10 oz Eat Smart Southwest Vegetable Salad Kit
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama (optional)
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and prick each sweet potato 4-5 times with fork. Place sweet potato on baking sheet and bake 45-65 minutes (bigger sweet potatoes take longer to cook), or until fork-tender and skin has darkened.
- Slice each sweet potato open to cool slightly while salad is prepared. In large bowl add salad greens, all included salad kit toppings, and all but 1 Tablespoon of included dressing. Add black beans, tomatoes, jicama, and onion to same bowl and toss until everything is evenly coated with dressing. Load sweet potatoes up with salad mix, and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of dressing. Serve immediately.
You can fine Eat Smart here:
Enter to win one of these great prizes from Eat Smart:
Prize: Ten (10) AMEX Gift Cards at $50 each and samples of all five Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits (for a total of five salads)
Dates: 9/16/16 – 10/07/16
Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit GiveawayI-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10)