The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Air Fryer Salmon Patties are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Pair them with this homemade creamy dill sauce.
This recipe costs about $7.60, which is around $1.90 per serving.
Serve these Air Fryer Green Beans alongside these Air Fryer Salmon Patties for a delicious meal.
Salmon Patties are a favorite of mine to order at a seafood restaurant. With this recipe, I can get my fix for one of my favorite foods without having to eat out. This shortcut version is a healthier option over frying them in oil.
The recipe uses canned salmon instead of fresh, which saves time but does not skimp on taste. The Salmon Patties are seasoned perfectly and then cooked in the Air Fryer to create golden and crispy patties. The crispy patties are tender inside, crispy on the outside, and then dipped into a fresh dill sauce.
Air Fryer Salmon Patties are simple to make and are an excellent weeknight dinner any night of the year or a quick lunch during the week.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.90
Recipe Cost: $7.60
- 14.75 ounce can salmon – $4.13
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs – $0.28
- 1 large egg – $0.43
- ¼ cup sour cream – $0.25
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon onion powder – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika – $0.24
- ¼ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1 Tablespoon parsley – $0.24
- ½ cup mayonnaise – $1.04
- ½ cup sour cream – $0.49
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice – $0.04
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish – $0.02
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest – $0.01
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill – $0.33
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in February 2023.
How to make Air Fryer Salmon Patties
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Then, mix together the salmon, bread crumbs, egg, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt, parsley, and dill.
- Form the mixture into small patties that are the same thickness for cooking evenly.
- Next, place the patties in the air fryer basket and spray the patties with olive oil spray.
- Cook the patties for three minutes, then flip them over and respray.
- Cook for an additional two to five minutes.
- Then, whisk together the ingredients for the dill sauce until smooth and creamy before serving it with the salmon patties.
- Instead of using canned salmon, you can use freshly cooked salmon. Just flake it into chunks with a fork.
- f you’re short on time, you can use a store-bought dill sauce. But I highly recommend the homemade one in this recipe.
SERVE: Serve with the creamy dill sauce. You cane keep the salmon patties out for no longer than 90 minutes before they need to be stored in the refrigerator.
STORE: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
FREEZE: You can form the patties, place on a parchment lined pan and freeze for 2 hours. Remove and place in a large ziplock bag, squeezing all the air out of it before sealing it. Freeze for up to 3 months.
DEFROST: Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
REHEAT: Reheat the patties in 350 degree F air fryer for 3-5 minutes to until heated through.
It takes about five to eight minutes to cook these salmon patties. Of course, the time will vary based on your specific Air Fryer and how thick the patties are. But five to eight minutes is a guide for you to go off of.
Yes, after cooking the patties for three minutes, you will want to flip them over and continue cooking for another two to five minutes.
Combine the salmon with the bread crumbs, spices, egg, and sour cream. This mixture will help the patties stick together while forming the patties and throughout the cooking process.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon with Garlic Butter
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Pierogies
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
Air Fryer Salmon Patties with Creamy Dill Sauce
- 14.5 ounce can salmon drained
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill optional
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
PREHEAT AIR FRYER:
- Preheat the air fryer to 390° for 5 minutes.
MAKE SALMON PATTIES:
- Combine the salmon, bread crumbs, egg, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt, parsley, and dill in a medium bowl.
- Scoop the mixture and form it into small patties. For small patties, use a ¼ cup measuring cup. For larger, use a ½ cup measuring cup.
- Continue until all the salmon has been used. Make sure the patties are all the same thickness for even cooking.
AIR FRY PATTIES:
- Place patties in the air fryer basket. You may need to do this in batches.
- Spray the patties with olive oil spray.
- Air fry for 3 minutes, then flip them over and respray.
- Fry an additional 2 minutes for small patties or 5 minutes for larger patties.
MAKE DILL SAUCE:
- Add the ingredients for the dill sauce in a small bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot salmon patties with the dill sauce.
- For extra crispy patties, spray when you place them in the air fryer, then again halfway through the cooking time.
- These are made with canned salmon, and here is a list of the best kinds to choose from: Wild Planet, Sea Bear, Safe Catch, and Bumble Bee Wild Caught Pink Salmon. Any Wild caught is better than farmed.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. It needs room for the air to circulate and fry properly.
- Most canned salmon contains skin, which is perfectly fine to eat and gives more flavor and nutrients.