*I participated in this sponsored campaign for One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
It’s fall and that means baseball playoffs are in full swing. Folks are getting together for game day to cheer on their favorite teams. I don’t know a whole lot about pro baseball, but one thing I do know is that food is a must, and finger food is even better so folks can jump up and down and get excited without worrying about making a mess. So get your game face on and get ready to score a home run with these Avocado & Bacon Egg Rolls!
For game day I wanted to freshen things up a bit by taking a classic finger food like egg rolls and adding a new twist; avocados and bacon! I love avocados, they’re so creamy and rich tasting and just one ounce of fresh Avocados from Mexico has 50 calories and nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. Avocados from Mexico are available year-round and make just about anything better—from burgers and dips, to chili, salads, pizza and more. For some great recipe ideas check out avocadosfrommexico.com or visit their Facebook page.
Avocados from Mexico has a fabulous sweepstakes going on where you have the chance to win a $5,000 grocery gift card! Sweepstakes ends October 31st. Go to AvocadoAllStars.com and join in the #AvoAllStars conversation on Twitter.
While you’re at AvocadoAllStars.com, download a coupon for (1) FREE 10-oz Ro*Tel when you buy 3 Avocados from Mexico.
You can find more information about Avocados from Mexico here:
- 3 large ripe Avocados from Mexico, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- dash paprika
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- ¾ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 12 Slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1½ Tablespoons water
- vegetable oil for frying
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle sliced avocados with lime juice and Paprika, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour and water to make a paste, set aside. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean, dry surface, angled towards you like a diamond (a tip of the diamond should be pointing towards your belly button).
- Place 1 tablespoon of the cheese in the center of the egg roll wrapper. Layer a slice of avocado, 1 strip of bacon, and another slice of avocado on top.
- Using your finger dab a little of the flour and water paste along all of the outer edges of the wrapper. Roll the egg roll by folding up the bottom corner (the one pointed at your belly button) halfway to cover the avocado mixture. Then fold the right and left sides of the wrapper towards the center, creating what looks like an open envelope. Roll the base of the envelope (folded portions) towards the remaining corner. Make sure all edges are sealed shut.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers. Place egg rolls on a plate lightly dusted with cornstarch until they're ready for frying.
- Place the egg rolls two or three at a time in the hot oil, and cook until they are golden brown (approximately 2-3 minutes), turning once while cooking.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Cut in half on an angle and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (I personally like a spicy ranch).
And now for a Giveaway!
One lucky winner will win an Avocado All Star prize pack that includes:
- (1) Sur La Table “Batter Up” Silicone Spatula
- (1) OXO 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- (1) I ♥ Avocado T-Shirt
- (1) Avocados From Mexico-branded USB loaded with awesome avocado recipes
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, All Our Days, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane,I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Uncommon Designs, The 36th Avenue, Funky Junk Interiors, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts, A Glimpse Inside, Today’s Creative Blog