Disclosure: This recipe for Bountiful Summer Salad has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
Summer. I just love this time of year: impromptu BBQ’s, potlucks, family reunions, beach bonfires, and more! With these events come food. I like to have a few go-to recipes in my repertoire that are easy to make, delicious, and a little different from your regular summertime fare. Today I’m sharing my recipe for Bountiful Summer Salad & Blueberry Balsamic Dressing. Fabulous summer produce is the star of this recipe! The best part is that this summer salad can be made in just 15 minutes!
I shopped for all of my ingredients for this summer salad at my local Smart & Final. They’re a one stop shop for everything from produce to meats. Shopping at Smart & Final is great whether you need to make large or small quantities for your summer get together. They carry both warehouse size items and regular size items without a club fee!
Find Smart & Final here:
I used quite a few of these First Street products for my salad. Here’s what I love about Smart & Final’s private label, First Street:
- They come in a variety of sizes and quantities, including bulk packages.
- They’re a great buy and reasonably priced.
- They’re quality products.
Cook’s Note – Bountiful Summer Salad Recipe:
- Feel free to substitute any of your favorite summertime fruits and vegetables for this salad. Anything goes with this summer salad!
- Blackberries or strawberries can easily be swapped out for the blueberries in the Blueberry Balsamic Dressing.
- The Blueberry Balsamic Dressing will yield more than enough for this salad. I like to serve the dressing in a separate bowl so folks can add as much as they’d like to their salads.
Bountiful Summer Salad & Blueberry Balsamic Dressing
- For the Salad:
- 1 head of butter lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil plus more for garnish
- 8 slices of First Street bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 large ear of corn cooked & kernels stripped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 large peach cut into thin slices
- 1 14- ounce can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup First Street sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- For the Blueberry Balsamic Dressing:
- 1 cup First Street Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- For the Salad: Place the butter lettuce, parsley, and basil in a large salad bowl and toss. Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl.
- For the Blueberry Balsamic Dressing: Using a blender or food processor, blend the balsamic dressing, blueberries, and thyme until well combined and no large blueberry chunks remain.
- To Finish: Toss the salad just before serving. Serve with the Blueberry Balsamic Dressing.