The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Get your chocolate and peanut butter fix with this mini Brownie Bites recipe with Peanut Butter Frosting. Pantry baking never tasted so good!
These brownie bites cost about $5.81 to make. That includes the frosting! The recipe makes 24 servings, which is just $0.24 per serving.
For more delicious brownie recipes, I recommend this Copycat Brownie Brittle, these Snickers Cheesecake Brownies, and these Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes.
Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting
In my opinion, there’s no better dessert combination than chocolate and peanut butter. Have you ever had “one of those days” and needed a chocolate and peanut butter fix stat but didn’t have the time to whip something up from scratch?
Yeah, me too. That’s why I came up with this pantry baking recipe for mini Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting.
These brownie bites are semi-homemade but entirely delicious. The key to these is to start with a quality brownie mix. I used a 20-ounce Ghirardelli Brownie Mix.
For me, chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. There’s no other flavor combination that I love more than chocolate and peanut butter. This is perhaps why I have quite a few chocolate and peanut butter recipes on my site!
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Recipes:
- Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Buckeye Brownie Cheesecake Cake
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars w/ Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Bon Bons
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Recipe
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
How to make Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting recipe:
STEP ONE: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Make the brownie batter according to the box instructions. Fold in Reese’s Pieces and then fill each muffin cup ⅔ full of batter.
STEP THREE: Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
STEP FOUR: Next, make the frosting in a stand mixer. Beat until it is fluffy.
STEP FIVE: Finally, pipe or spread the frosting atop the brownie bites. Top with Reese’s Pieces and serve.
- mixing bowl
- 24-count mini muffin tin
- wire rack
- stand mixer
- piping bag and piping tips
Cook’s Note – Mini Brownie Bites recipe:
- Finished mini brownie bites will keep chilled, in an air-tight container, up to 1 week (but I promise they won’t last that long). Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
- Sometimes I like to change up these brownie bites’ flavors by making my 7-minute frosting instead of the PB frosting.
How much will this Brownie Bites recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $5.81
PER SERVING COST: $0.24
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 20-ounce Ghiradelli Brownie Mix- $2.27
- Water, vegetable oil, and egg – $0.26
- 1 cup mini Reese’s pieces – $1.86
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter – $0.40
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter – $0.71
- 1 cup powdered sugar – $0.29
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk – $0.02
Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 20 ounce Ghirardelli Brownie Mix
- water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on the brownie mix box
- 1 cup mini Reese’s Pieces plus more for garnish
For the Peanut Butter Frosting
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk depending on the consistency you want
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with non-cook cooking spray and set aside.
MAKE BROWNIE BITES:
- Prepare the brownie batter as per the box instructions, and fold in Reese's Pieces. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the edge bites comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the mini muffin pan, remove from the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack for about 40 minutes.
MAKE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- Add the butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low until combined, about 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency is reached. Beat for 2 minutes on medium to make the frosting fluffy.
- Pipe or spread the frosting atop the cooled brownie bites. Top with Reese's Pieces and serve.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Laura@Baking In Pyjamas says
I love chocolate and peanut butter together, these bites look addictive.
Love this!! So yummy!
These mini cupcakes are perfect for a major peanut butter & chocolate craving!! These will be a huge hit at any potluck or party!
You’re so right. This recipe makes a ton so it’s perfect for sharing!
Doesn’t get any better than this! Perfect kid size too!
Wish me luck, I’m making these Reese’s brownies this weekend! 🙂
This mini brownie bites recipe with peanut butter frosting sounds amazing! I better make a double batch, or they will be gone in no time flat with my family.
My kids really enjoyed these delicious treats! They enjoyed making and eating!