THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Brownie Sundae Cupcakes Recipe is a party on a plate! Use your favorite ice cream and turn these ice cream cupcakes into an easy summer treat!
I love how active my family gets in the summer. Evening bike rides, days at the beach or park, summer hot spots like amusement parks and the zoo. We also entertain a lot more, too. You gotta love al fresco dining!
After busy days, I need easy recipes to whip up that my family and guests will love. And that’s how this Brownie Sundae Cupcakes recipe was born. Everyone loves brownies, everyone loves cupcakes, and everyone loves ice cream, right? It’s only natural that the three go together!
To make this recipe, I took my little cutie and headed to the store to get our ingredients to make our brownie sundae. We grabbed a brownie mix, some ice cream, and a few toppings.
These brownie cupcakes are super flexible because you can pick the kind of ice cream you want to use and the toppings. Have a variety of toppings and everyone will love being able to decorate their own brownie sundae cupcake just how they like it.
How to Make Brownie Sundae Cupcakes:
- Start by using your favorite brownie mix to make brownie cups.
- Once the brownies come out of the oven, squish them with another muffin tin to make a little well for the ice cream.
- Next, scoop ice cream on top of the cooled brownies.
- Finish the cupcakes with a healthy dose of chocolate sauce, rainbow sprinkles, and chopped nuts.
- Finally, add a cherry on top, and they’re ready to serve. Super easy!
What goes on an ice cream sundae?
There are so many options to make your brownie sundae super delicious! Think flavored syrups, nuts, sprinkles, crumbled Oreo cookies, maraschino cherries, and whipped cream. It would be fun to make each one different to have some variety.
What are some other quick and easy desserts?
This brownie sundae is so quick and easy it is one of my favorites. Another quick and easy dessert is this No-Bake Avalanche Cookie recipe. Any recipe that doesn’t involve heating up my kitchen in the summertime is my kind of recipe! Another quick, no-bake recipe is this Chocolate Lasagna. It looks time consuming but is ready in minutes. I also love making a trifle when I need a quick dessert. This Strawberry Trifle Recipe meets my guidelines on being easy and not lacking in taste!
- Use your favorite Blue Bunny ice cream flavor for this recipe.
- If you’d like more of a cake-like brownie, increase the number of eggs to 3.
- If you’d like more of a fudge-like brownie decrease the number of eggs to 1.
- Leftover brownie cupcakes bases can be kept in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Brownie Sundae Cupcakes
- (1) 18-20 oz brownie mix + ingredients the mix calls for
- 2 quarts ice cream
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
- 3 Tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 3 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix as per the instructions. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tin wells, they should be about 2/3 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 22-26 minutes.
- As soon as the brownies come out of the oven use another muffin tin to squish them down, this will create a nice even surface for the ice cream. After 5 minutes, move the brownies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Scoop a generous amount of ice cream on top of the brownies. Top with chocolate syrup, rainbow sprinkles, chopped peanuts, and a cherry on top! Serve immediately.
This post first appeared on Food Folks and Fun on June 29, 2015. I have since updated the post.