The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Indulge in the perfect blend of creamy cheesecake, crisp apples, and luscious caramel in our irresistible caramel apple cheesecake bars.
This recipe costs $14.40 to make. The recipe makes twenty-four servings for about $0.60 per serving.
Apple Cheesecake Bars
I love making some of my favorite desserts in bar form because it’s just easier, especially when making cheesecake. These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are much easier to cut and serve! These Cheesecake Bars are the perfect Fall dessert for parties, potlucks, bake sales, and even Thanksgiving!
These Cheesecake bars have a buttery crust topped with creamy cheesecake, tangy apples, sweet caramel, and a crumbly oat topping baked to perfection. These bars are easier to make than a traditional pie or cheesecake, giving you the best of both worlds.
What You’ll Love About Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars:
- Flavor: Caramel, apples, and cheesecake – a heavenly trio!
- Serve a Crowd: Perfect for parties with 24 servings.
- Easy Prep: Skip the water bath of traditional cheesecake and save time!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost:
Per Serving Cost: $0.60
Recipe Cost: $14.40
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – $0.38
- ½ cup brown sugar – $0.22
- 1 cup butter – $1.76
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese – $4.48
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar – $0.10
- 2 large eggs – $0.46
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.68
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples – $1.68
- ¾ teaspoon apple pie seasoning – $0.21
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits – $1.32
- ½ cup butter – $0.88
- 1 cup brown sugar – $0.44
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – $0.19
- ½ cup quick oats – $0.14
- ½ cup caramel topping – $1.46
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in September 2023.
How To Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars:
***For complete recipe instructions and a recipe video, see the recipe card below.
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil.
- Next, mix the flour and brown sugar and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and prick it with a fork about thirty times. Bake for fifteen minutes.
- Next, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- Smooth the cream cheese mixture over the warm crust.
- In another large bowl, stir together the chopped apples, sugar, apple pie seasoning, and caramel bits. Spoon the mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Next, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until combined and sprinkle it evenly over the filling. Bake the bars for thirty-five to forty-five minutes.
- Finally, cool the bars to room temperature before letting them chill in the fridge for two hours. After chilling the bars, cut, drizzle with caramel topping, and serve.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions:
- You can use wrapped caramels if you can’t find the Kraft Baking Bits. Cut them into small pieces before using them in the recipe.
- Cinnamon can be substituted for Apple Pie Seasoning in this recipe.
- You can use low-fat cream cheese, but please don’t use fat-free.
Storage and Serving Tips:
SERVE: A dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce can add a delightful finishing touch. Serve them chilled or at room temperature, depending on your preference.
Store: Keep your cheesecake bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Place a parchment or wax paper layer between the bars to prevent sticking. They will stay fresh for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Freeze: Ensure the cheesecake bars are fully cooled. Then, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, followed by placing them in a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag. Freeze for 2-3 months.
Thaw: Transfer the caramel apple cheesecake bars to the refrigerator and let them slowly thaw overnight. This gradual thawing process helps maintain their creamy consistency.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars Recipe FAQs:
Bake the cheesecake until it is set. You will know it is set if it wobbles slightly when moving the pan.
You will actually want to bake these cheesecake bars on the middle rack of the oven to help it bake evenly.
More Apple Desserts:
- Caramel Apples
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Smoked Apples
- Fried Apples
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
- Deep Dish Apple Pie
- Mini Apple Pies
- Apple Donuts
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup salted butter softened
CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- ¾ teaspoon apple pie seasoning
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup caramel topping
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ (175℃).
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly.
- Press the crumbs evenly into your prepared pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork about 30 times.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and ½ cup of the sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the filling over the warm crust and smooth into an even layer with a spatula.
MAKE APPLE LAYER:
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, apple pie seasoning, and caramel bits.
- Spoon the apples evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- In a medium bowl stir together the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until combined.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cream cheese filling.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Cool the bars to room temperature for about 2 hours and then chill for at least 2 more hours.
- Use the foil overhang to lift the bars from the pan and cut into 24 bars.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and serve.