Cherries, chocolate, and cheesecake! What’s not to love?! This Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Dip is a fun dessert to serve at parties.
With Valentine’s Day coming up in just a few days I wanted to share an easy recipe that’s great for entertaining. I love bringing dessert dips like this Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Dip to pot lucks, and parties because they’re something different and everyone loves them!
Cook’s Note – Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Dip:
- Serve this dip with your favorite dippers. Here’s some ideas: vanilla wafers, graham crackers, pie crust dippers, chocolate covered pretzels, etc.
- This dip will keep, in an air-time container in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
- You can easily turn this dip into a no-bake cheesecake pie! Just place it in a chocolate or graham cracker crust and freeze for 3 hours.
Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 Cups frozen cherries
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipped cream
- In a small dish, combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir until combined and there are no more clumps; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add cherries, lemon juice, and granulated sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan and stir until mixture starts to thicken. Take off heat and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 90 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl add cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Reduce to low, and slowly add in mini chocolate chips and mix until combined. Fold in cherry mixture until just combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pie crust dippers, etc.
If you love the combination of cherry and chocolate then you need to check out my No-Bake Cherry-Chocolate Cheesecake!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Three Cheese Calzones - January 17, 2020
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls - January 15, 2020
- Grandma’s Golumpki – Stuffed Polish Cabbage (Gołąbki) - January 14, 2020