The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies are an easy cookie that is dipped and chocolate and covered in sprinkles. They’re chewy on the outside and soft in the middle.
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies cost $11.16 to make 44 cookies. For more delicious cookies, I recommend these Black and White Cookies, Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies, and the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Disclosure: Karo has sponsored this Dipped Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies post. All opinions are mine alone.
Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies are an easy cookie that you can enjoy for the holidays or anytime. They’re chewier on the outside and soft in the middle. That’s cookie perfection if you ask me!
Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you ever tried a cookie recipe that you were so excited to make, but it ended up being a huge disappointment? A disappointment because the cookies ended up being flat, hard, and even worse, not chewy at all?
It’s the worst thing ever. What if I told you you could have soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies EVERY.SINGLE.TIME by adding one simple ingredient into the recipe? Well, you can. This tip is life-changing, folks!
What is this one simple ingredient, you might ask? Karo® Corn Syrup. Every time I add it to my cookies, they always bake up nice and chewy.
When I bake, I love knowing that I am baking with quality products like Karo® Corn Syrup. It has over 100 years of quality and trust over multiple generations of home bakers.
That’s a brand I can stand behind, and it just so happens that Karo® Corn Syrup is the leading corn syrup brand out there. When you use Karo® Corn Syrup in your recipes, the ingredients come together perfectly to create amazing dishes!
Opening a bottle of Karo® Corn Syrup is like opening a tradition that you can pour your heart into.
Whether I’m making a classic Pecan Pie or this dipped chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, Karo® Corn Syrup is the way to go. Tasting is believing folks!
You need to make this recipe so you too can taste the big difference a little Karo® Corn Syrup makes. It produces the BEST chocolate chip cookies that are chewier on the outside and soft on the inside. That’s perfection in my book.
What else is Karo® Corn Syrup used for?
Besides making this fabulous chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, try some of these other ideas!
- Holiday Baking. Think Pecan Pie or my Pecan Pie Bars. Also, holiday cookies like my Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies.
- Southern Cuisine. It’s a staple in southern baked goods and sweet toppings for pancakes like my Buttermilk Syrup.
- Frozen Treats. Like my Raspberry Sorbet.
- Fudge and Candy. Like Peanut Brittle.
- Other Sweet Treats. Like Scotcheroos and Caramel Corn!
How to make Dipped Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
STEP ONE: First, mix together the cookie dough. Finish the dough by mixing in the chocolate chips.
STEP TWO: Next, prep the baking sheets with parchment paper. Then scoop the dough and roll into balls. Place the dough balls on the baking sheets.
STEP THREE: Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool.
STEP FOUR: Meanwhile melt the chocolate until smooth. Hold a cookie over the bowl of chocolate and spoon chocolate over half of the cookie.
STEP FIVE: Finally, place the cookies on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with desired sprinkles. Let the cookies set fully before serving.
How do you make cookies chewier?
A high level of moisture content is the secret to making a cookie chewy. That’s why using Karo® Light Corn Syrup in place of some of the granulated sugar helps keep the cookie batter moist and the baked cookie chewy!
The other trick is to make the cookies a little larger on the cookie sheet. Larger balls of dough stay moist by not spreading as much and remaining firm when baked at a high temperature for a short time.
Why are my homemade chocolate chip cookies cakey?
There are a few common causes that can be corrected easily to avoid cake-like cookies in the future.
- Avoid whipping too much air into the dough while you are mixing the butter and sugar.
- Do not add too many eggs.
- Do not add too much flour.
- Also, do not use too much baking powder.
Why are my chocolate chip cookies flat?
Flat cookies are the worst! One culprit of this could be due to the butter being too soft. Butter that is too soft melts faster in the oven which causes the cookies to flatten before they can have enough time to set.
Cook’s Note – Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Use any holiday or colored sprinkles to make these Christmas chocolate chip cookies work any time of the year! I especially love making them with rainbow sprinkles for school birthday treats!
How much will it cost to make this Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe?
RECIPE COST: $11.16
PER COOKIE COST: $0.26
NOTE: The recipe prices are used calculating name brand products from Walmart’s website. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what your pantry is already stocked with and current grocery prices.
- ½ cup unsalted butter – $0.81
- ½ cup vegetable shortening – $0.72
- 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar – $0.60
- ¼ cup granulated sugar – $0.06
- 2 large eggs – $0.20
- 1 teaspoon baking powder – $0.15
- ⅓ cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup – $0.68
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract – $1.36
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour – $0.62
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 24 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips – $5.94
- 1 teaspoon baking soda – $0.01
- Browned Butter and M&M Pretzel Cookies
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies with M&Ms
- Black and White Cookies
- Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies
- Lemon and Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Pistachio Pudding Cookies with Cranberries
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
- Monster Cookies
- Paradise Cookies
Dipped Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable shortening at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
MIX TOGETHER COOKIE DOUGH:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a handheld mixer, cream together butter, vegetable shortening, and sugars until light, fluffy, and lightened in color, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat until combined. Pour in corn syrup and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Pour flour mixture into the wet ingredients and pulse mixer on and off until flour is absorbed. Increase speed to low and mix until no more flour streaks remain.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
PREP BAKING SHEETS AND ROLL COOKIE DOUGH:
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Use a 2-Tablespoon scoop to scoop dough. Roll dough mounds into a ball and space balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE AND COOL COOKIES:
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, for 10-12 minutes (the cookies will look a little underdone, but the edge will be beginning to turn slight golden-brown).
- Cool cookies completely on the baking sheet.
MELT CHOCOLATE AND DIP COOKIES:
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate and heat on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir chocolate, and continue heating in 15-second increments until the chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Hold cookie over the bowl of chocolate and spoon chocolate over half of the cookie, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place cookie on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the desired amount of sprinkles.
- Repeat process with remaining cookies, chocolate, and sprinkles.
- Let cookies set completely, about 2 hours.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
I tried your recipe last night and loved it! Can’t wait to make it again!
Claudia Lamascolo says
I am pretty sure I just died and went to heaven with this recipe and cant wait to make them!
This is such a fun idea! I always forget about chocolate chip cookies during holiday baking and this is the perfect way to make them festive!
That texture looks perfect and I love all the extra tips for the cookies! My daughter would especially enjoy dipping them in the chocolate and adding the sprinkles.
Chef Mireille says
I love all the extra tips you have for not coming out with cakey cookies. these look fantastic and I cant wait to try them out!
Loved how chewy these were and the kids liked helping me dip them and decorate.
Margherita Currao says
Thank you Jill !
Finally I can make a chocolate chip cookie that is chewy the way Bill likes them
You’re so welcome. Enjoy, Mirs. Currao!
Salted or unsalted butter?
Instead of melted chocolate chips can chocolate wafers be used?
Yes, you can use chocolate wafers.
Kelly Anthony says
This is such a great way to add a little holiday day any time of year to the BEST cookies ever!
Claudia Lamascolo says
this recipe is so addicting my family loved them!
I’m so glad this recipe was well-loved! 🙂
Debbie Welchert says
What a yummy looking cookie. I know this will be one my grandchildren will love. I can’t wait to try them.
Hannah Chase says
Oh my, these cookies look absolutely delicious!
Heather Babcock says
My kids will love these! Definitely going to make soon. Looks so easy!
Shana Lenoir says
Chewy cookies are the absolute best
These cookies would be gobbled up in my household! Thanks for the recipe.
Kakhaber Khmelidze says
I try not to eat a lot of sweets, but sometimes I do not mind trying such a cute yummy thing 😉 Thanks.
Antoinette M says
Delicious! My family will love these cookies!