Disclosure: This post for Chicken Marsala Stuffed Shells with Creamy Marsala Sauce has been compensated by Holland House Cooking Wine. As always all opinions are mine alone.
Chicken Marsala Stuffed Shells with Creamy Marsala Sauce is full of concentrated, layered flavors. It’s everything you love about the classic dish but in delectable stuffed shell-form!
I love these Chicken Marsala Stuffed Shells, and they’re my new favorite recipe to serve for dinner parties or special family dinners!
The pasta shells are stuffed with golden chicken cutlet pieces, sautéed mushrooms, crispy pancetta, and creamy ricotta. And, as if the shells weren’t enough on their own, they’re topped with the most amazing melt-in-your-mouth Creamy Marsala Sauce.
The sauce has the layered and concentrated flavors of Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine, chicken broth, garlic, caramelized shallots, and cream. It’s simply to die for; I wish I could douse everything with this creamy Marsala sauce!
I love using Holland House Cooking Wines in my recipes because they enhance the flavor of every savory dish like this Chicken Marsala Stuffed Shells recipe.
To receive recipe ideas like these Chicken Marsala Stuffed Shells, cooking tips, and Holland House coupons, sign up for the Holland House Cooking Wine Newsletter.
This Chicken Marsala Stuffed Shells recipe has a lot of moving parts, but it’s pretty straightforward. Let me show you how to make it!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MARSALA STUFFED SHELLS WITH CREAMY MARSALA SAUCE:
- Make the Marsala sauce by browning the shallots, and simmering the Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine to concentrate the flavor. Add in the cream, and simmer the sauce until thickened.
- Mix together the cooked chicken cutlet pieces, crispy pancetta, sautéed mushrooms, ricotta, and mozzarella to make the filling.
- Fill the cooked shells generously with the filling.
- Spread half of the Creamy Marsala Sauce over the shells and bake.
- Top the shells off with chopped parsley, and serve with the remaining Creamy Marsala Sauce.
When making a creamy sauce, simmer Holland House Cooking Wine until it’s reduced by half. This concentrates the flavor to make a heavenly creamy sauce for pasta, meat, fish, etc.
Chicken Marsala Stuffed Shells with Creamy Marsala Sauce
- 6 ounces jumbo pasta shells half a box
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken cutlets (thinly sliced)
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 3 ounces pancetta cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 ounces white mushrooms chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 2 large shallots minced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- COOK PASTA: Cook pasta shells per box instructions. Drain and set aside to cool. 9 minutes, until not quite al dente.
- PREHEAT OVEN: Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- COOK CHICKEN: Pat cutlets dry with paper towel, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat and shake to remove excess.
- In large skillet over high heat, add 2 teaspoons oil and heat until just smoking. Add chicken pieces and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-2 ½ minutes. Transfer chicken to medium bowl, and cover with foil.
- COOK PANCETTA & MUSHROOMS: Return now empty skillet to medium-low heat and add pancetta. Cook, stirring often, until pancetta is brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high, and cook until liquid from mushrooms evaporates, and mushroom edges begin to brown, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer pancetta and mushrooms to bowl with chicken and cover.
- COOK SHALLOTS: Increase heat to medium, and add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and shallots to skillet and cook until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- MAKE SAUCE: Deglaze skillet with Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine, and simmer mixture until reduced by half, about 6-8 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth and cream. Add oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer sauce, whisking often, until thickened, about 8-10 minutes (sauce should barely leave a trail when spoon runs through it).
- MAKE FILLING: While the sauce simmers, make filling. In bowl of pancetta and mushrooms add chicken, ricotta, and mozzarella. Mix until just combined.
- ASSEMBLE & BAKE SHELLS: Lightly grease 9x13-inch pan. Fill shells with filling, and place in pan. Ladle half of sauce over filled shells. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve with remaining Marsala sauce.
More recipes using Holland House!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie - October 18, 2019
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019