The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Mexican Corn Salad or Confetti Corn is a light and refreshing Mexican-inspired side dish that pairs well with any Mexican dish. This salad recipe is so bold and flavorful you’ll want to make it repeatedly.
This recipe makes six servings for about $10.45. That’s just $1.74 per serving.
Mexican Corn Salad
What I like about this corn salad is it’s healthy AND DELICIOUS. It’s proof that you can make mouthwatering food using fresh produce! Plus, it’s so easy to make. It’s perfect for parties, potlucks, or a quick side on a busy weeknight!
Confetti Corn – Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.74
Recipe Cost: $10.45
12 oz bag frozen corn – $1.32
1 pint cherry tomatoes – $1.97
1 large avocado – $1.15
1 small orange bell pepper – $1.39
1 cup peeled and diced jicama – $2.69
½ cup small diced red onion – $0.64
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – $0.24
1 small lime – $0.69
2 teaspoons honey – $0.12
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro – $0.20
¼ teaspoon salt – $0.02
¼ teaspoon pepper – $0.02
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in July 2023.
How To Make Mexican Corn Salad
*For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, bell pepper, jicama, and red onion in a medium bowl.
- Next, whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, honey, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a separate small bowl.
- Then, pour the dressing over the prepared veggies and toss to coat.
- Finally, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1-2 hours before serving.
Confetti Corn Recipe Variations
● You can use any tomato you prefer or have in your fridge.
● I like to add fresh diced jalapeno for some heat.
● For a little extra salt, I like to sprinkle some cotija cheese over the top before serving. It’s almost like a street corn salad.
Mexican Corn Salad Storage and Serving Tips
SERVE: This salad is best chilled for one hour but can be made up to 24 hours in advance. The longer it sits, the veggies soak up the tangy and sweet dressing. If chilling it for longer than a few hours, I suggest slicing and adding the avocado before serving.
STORE. Cover the salad and store it in the refrigerator for up to four days.
FREEZE: This salad does not freeze and defrost well, so I do not recommend freezing it.
Corn Salad Recipe FAQs
Jicama is a Mexican turnip that is less starchy than a potato. It is packed full of fiber and nutrients. Enjoy it raw. The flavor of jicama is similar to an apple but not sweet.
It goes great as a side dish but can also be used as a dip or a topping. Serve over grilled chicken or fish, or enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Ground Beef Taquitos
- Easy Mexican Rice
- Queso Fundido con Chorizo
Mexican Corn Salad
- 12 oz bag frozen corn thawed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 small orange bell pepper diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lime juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, bell pepper, jicama, and red onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lime juice and zest, honey, cilantro, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently to coat.
- Cover bowl plastic wrap and chill 1-2 hours before serving.