THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Disclosure: This post for DIY Coasters Gift Set includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running. See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
I’m taking a break from my #EverythingButTheTurkey series to show you how to make a fabulous gift you can bring to your neighbors this holiday season, or the hostess of a holiday get together.
DIY Coasters Gift Set
This Coasters Gift set is incredibly easy to make, and inexpensive, too. To make one set it cost me about $6.00 to make. The cost would be cut down even further if you make multiples at the same time.
Material for DIY Coasters Gift Set:
Here’s all you need:
(4) 4-inch white tiles (I found them at my local home improvement store for about 12 cents each)
(1) 12-inch x 12-inch piece of scrapbook paper (get 2 if you want a different pattern, then you’ll have enough paper for 2 gift sets!)
(1) 12-inch x 12-inch piece of adhesive-backed cork cut into 9 equal pieces (you’ll only need 4 to make one set of coasters). (I found this at my local craft store.)
(1) foam brush
(1) [easyazon_link asin=”B0000630OE” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”foofoland-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]Anchor Hocking Cafe Mug[/easyazon_link] (I like the clear mug so you can see the yummy hot cocoa mix inside of it!)
(4) Individual packages of single serve hot chocolate or hot apple cider
Mod Podge, I used matte
2 feet of ribbon
How to make DIY Coasters Gift Set:
1- Cut the scrapbook paper into 4 equal pieces.
2- Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top of the tile. Place the tile, top-side down, onto a piece of cut scrapbook paper.
3- Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge along the edges of the paper and the edges of the tile. Fold up 2 opposite-side edges. Then fold up one end like you’re wrapping a present.
4- Fold up the other side like you’re wrapping a present. Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge along the edges of the folded paper.
5- Attach a piece of cut cork.
6- Flip the coaster over and apply 2-3 coats of Mod Podge to the surface of the coaster, allowing to dry between coats.
7- Stack the coasters, fill the mug with cocoa mix, place the mug on top of the coasters, and tie with a ribbon.
That’s it, folks. Easy-peasy! You can even give these coasters away without the mug and cocoa.
30 Neighbor Gift Ideas from 30 of my favorite Bloggers!
I’m linking up this post for DIY Coasters Set + 30 Neighbor Gifts at:
Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts