THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
I have some exciting news to share…I’m pregnant with my second little one!
I’m about 17 weeks along and just got over the yucky nauseous period. I haven’t wanted to look at food–let alone edit pictures and blog about it–but not anymore! To celebrate my return to cooking and baking I have what else, but a cupcake recipe to share with you. 🙂
I love cupcakes (and there just so happens to be 19 cupcakes recipes on the blog). I love them for special occasions, birthdays, celebrations, or just because. And no, I don’t think they’re going out of style anytime soon. With my first pregnancy I craved Funfetti cupcakes from the box mix. This time around I decided to make my own…and they’re divine if I do say so myself. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles or jimmies
- rainbow sprinkles or jimmies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners or with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg whites. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat for 3 minutes, until well combined and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Alternate adding 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/2 of buttermilk mixture to the mixing bowl, beating until just incorporated in between, be sure to begin and end with the flour mixture. Beat for 1 more minute.
- Add sprinkles and stir until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until just incorporated. Add heavy cream and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Increase speed to high and beat for around 4-5 minutes, until frosting is light and fluffy. Add in the sprinkles or jimmies and mix until just incorporated. Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes. Garnish with more sprinkles or jimmies.