The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This post brought to you by The a2 Milk Company™. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Food Folks and Fun.
This recipe for Zesty Lime Rice Pudding is everything you love about classic rice pudding but all dressed up for spring!
Rice pudding is a family favorite around my house. It’s simple, comforting and dare I say heavenly. I like dressing rice pudding up for each season. For Spring I brighten things up by adding lime zest and fresh strawberries.
For this Zesty Lime Rice Pudding recipe I used a2 Milk®. It’s produced by family-owned dairy farms in New York and the Midwest. Their cows naturally produce the a2 protein. It doesn’t contain any artificial ingredients or additives. And let me tell you, the milk tastes terrific! It’s perfect for drinking, soaking your favorite cereal, cooking, baking, and including in your favorite recipe like this Zesty Lime Rice Pudding!
FOR MORE INFO FIND THE A2 MILK COMPANY™ HERE:
a2 Milk® | Twitter | Facebook | a2 Milk® $1 Off Coupon | Pinterest | Product Locator
You only need 7 ingredients to make the Zesty Lime Rice Pudding:
- a2 whole milk®
- white rice
- vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- lime zest
- sliced strawberries
Cook’s Note – Zesty Lime Rice Pudding
- Using whole milk is a must with this recipe. Other types of milk will not produce a creamy pudding.
- Watch the milk as you bring it up to a boil, because it can go from bubbling to frothing and overflowing in seconds!
- 5 ½ cups a2 whole milk®
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- In large saucepan add milk, sugar, and salt and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Pour in rice, stir, and reduce heat to low. You may need to adjust temperature throughout cooking to ensure mixture stays at a gentle simmer. Cook for 55-60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened and rice is soft. Once rice is done turn off heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding into medium bowl, and stir in lime zest. Cool pudding to room temperature, about 90 minutes. Transfer to individual bowls, top with strawberries and serve.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Amanda Michetti says
You know, I always forget how great a rice pudding dessert is when I’m struggling for what to make after dinner. Love the addition of lime with this – it would just elevate the rice pudding to another level!
It’s a classic and really easy to make. Chances are you have everything you need in your pantry right now!
Love the addition of lime zest and strawberries, so spring-like!
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry says
Oh I love rice pudding and am using a2 milk for my sister who also loves rice pudding, so this is perfect for us.
This looks delicious!! I love rice puddings
Laura | Wandercooks says
Yes, rice pudding is the best! This recipe sounds delish, can’t wait to make it! 🙂