This post brought to you by The a2 Milk Company™. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Food Folks and Fun.
This recipe for Zesty Lime Rice Pudding is everything you love about classic rice pudding but all dressed up for spring!
Rice pudding is a family favorite around my house. It’s simple, comforting and dare I say heavenly. I like dressing rice pudding up for each season. For Spring I brighten things up by adding lime zest and fresh strawberries.
For this Zesty Lime Rice Pudding recipe I used a2 Milk®. It’s produced by family-owned dairy farms in New York and the Midwest. Their cows naturally produce the a2 protein. It doesn’t contain any artificial ingredients or additives. And let me tell you, the milk tastes terrific! It’s perfect for drinking, soaking your favorite cereal, cooking, baking, and including in your favorite recipe like this Zesty Lime Rice Pudding!
FOR MORE INFO FIND THE A2 MILK COMPANY™ HERE:
You only need 7 ingredients to make the Zesty Lime Rice Pudding:
- a2 whole milk®
- white rice
- vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- lime zest
- sliced strawberries
Cook’s Note – Zesty Lime Rice Pudding
- Using whole milk is a must with this recipe. Other types of milk will not produce a creamy pudding.
- Watch the milk as you bring it up to a boil, because it can go from bubbling to frothing and overflowing in seconds!
Zesty Lime Rice Pudding with Strawberries
- 5 ½ cups a2 whole milk®
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- In large saucepan add milk, sugar, and salt and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Pour in rice, stir, and reduce heat to low. You may need to adjust temperature throughout cooking to ensure mixture stays at a gentle simmer. Cook for 55-60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened and rice is soft. Once rice is done turn off heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding into medium bowl, and stir in lime zest. Cool pudding to room temperature, about 90 minutes. Transfer to individual bowls, top with strawberries and serve.