Mini Monte Cristo Strudels
I’m hosting some family for Christmas this year and I want to make a special brunch recipe for Christmas morning. I’ll be making these Mini Monte Cristo Strudels.
*They’re quick and easy to make. They’re done in 30 minutes, or even sooner if you do a little prep work the night before.
*They’re not as heavy as the classic Monte Cristo Sandwich. They’re smaller and not fried, but have all of that taste!
*They are a special show-stopper that will set your holiday off with a bang!
How to roll these babies up:
Butter 5 pieces of phyllo dough and cut it in half with kitchen shears.
Place the filling in a strip 1-inch from the bottom.
Fold in the sides and then the lower edge.
Flip and roll the filling with the phyllo dough.
Continue rolling, ending with the seam-side down.
Place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Cut two 1-inch slits in the top.
Arla Dofino is offering $1.00 off any Arla Dofino product!
Print off the coupon before you head to the grocery store to pick up to other ingredient for this Mini Monte Cristo Strudels Recipe!
1. Visit Arla Dofino and click on the “Offer” section
2. Follow the steps to redeem
For more cheese recipe ideas:
Cook’s Note for Mini Monte Cristo Strudels:
*I find the best method for defrosting the phyllo dough is to place it in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Then remove the phyllo sheets from the refrigerator and place on the counter while you prepare the filling.
*For the holidays I served these strudels with cranberry jam. Here’s my recipe for cranberry jam, or you can use store-bought. If cranberry isn’t your thing then serve it with the classic pairing, raspberry preserves.
*Make you job easier in the morning by prepping Step 1 the night before. Cover the mixture, and store it in the refrigerator until morning.
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces deli ham chopped
- 1 cup shredded Arla Dofino Havarti cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- 15 9- by 14-inch phyllo sheets defrosted
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Confectioners' sugar for serving
- Raspberry or Cranberry preserves from this recipe, for serving
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. In a large bowl combine turkey, ham, cheese, mustard, mayonnaise, and chives. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper on your counter with the long side facing you. Place one phyllo sheet on parchment and brush lightly with butter. Repeat with four more sheets. Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut buttered phyllo sheets in half to form two 9- by 7-inch rectangles.
- With long ends facing you, place heaping ½ cup turkey mixture in a 3-inch-wide strip about 1 inch from bottom of each phyllo rectangle. Fold short ends of phyllo over filling, then fold the end closest to you over filling. Roll tightly, then arrange, seam-side down, on baking sheet and brush with butter. Repeat two more times with remaining phyllo, butter, and filling.
- Cut two 1-inch vents into top of each strudel. Bake until golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with raspberry or cranberry preserves.
Arla Dofino wants to make one lucky reader’s season a little brighter!
One lucky winner will receive a prize package worth over $60! You could win all of the following:
Crate & Barrel mixing bowl
Crate & Barrel cheese grater
Coupon for 1 free Arla Dofino product
Set of Arla Dofino recipe cards (not pictured above)
***Arla Dofino will then ship the prize directly to the winner.
I’m linking up this Mini Monte Cristo Strudels Recipe at:
Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie - October 18, 2019
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019