Alright, folks, this is **THE** recipe for Panera’s Mac & Cheese. I got it from their website a while back when they posted it for a short time! You MUST try this Panera’s Mac & Cheese Recipe.
Disclosure: This post for Panera’s Mac & Cheese Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
As I’ve mentioned to you all recently, I am pregnant and due in September. While I was going through the first 12 weeks of pregnancy there were only two foods that I could stomach: bagels and Panera’s Mac & Cheese. I would have their mac & cheese weekly. Okay, okay, if I’m going to be honest maybe it was more than once a week… For me this is the pinnacle of mac & cheese dishes; its rich, smooth, creamy and chock-full of calcium from all that yummy cheese and milk. Not only is this recipe amazingly delicious, but it’s also quick and easy to make, and on the table in 30 minutes or less.
Cook’s Note for Panera’s Mac & Cheese Recipe:
- If you’re serving this as a main dish it serves 4-6. If you’re making this as a side dish it serves 8-10.
- Some people find the Dijon mustard in the recipe to be a bit overwhelming, so feel free to cut back on it or omit it all together.
- I find that in order to get optimal results you *must* use extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar and sliced white American cheese from the deli, not the fake stuff you find in the box.
- For a complete meal, I suggest serving this mac & cheese with my Garden Bean Salad recipe.
COOK’S TOOLS – Panera’s Mac & Cheese Recipe:
HOW TO MAKE Panera’s Mac & Cheese Recipe:
This Panera’s Mac & Cheese recipe is SO easy to make, let me show you how!
- Gather all of the ingredients, and shred the cheese.
- Melt butter.
- Add flour and milk, and cook until thickened.
- Whisk in cheese until melted.
- Stir in pasta.
- Serve immediately!
Watch Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese Being Made!
*Click the play button to watch!
- 1 16- ounce Package package of rigati pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 6 Slices white American cheese, sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly.
Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for 1 minute (or until thoroughly heated). Serve immediately.
Be sure to never miss a great recipe like this Copycat Panera’s Mac & Cheese Recipe. Sign up for emails from Food Folks and Fun below.
Old Recipe Photos:
I recently updated the recipe photos for this Panera’s Mac & Cheese Recipe, but here are the old pictures in case you’re interested.