These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies and thick, chewy, and loaded with peanut butter flavor and milk chocolate chips!
Disclosure: This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe includes affiliate links.
A couple of weeks ago I brought you my ah-mazing Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie. Since then I’ve been working on a cookie version of that pie. I wanted a cookie with bold peanut butter flavor, soft, chewy and almost molten-like on the inside with a somewhat crispy crust. A lot to ask for in a cookie, right? After a couple weeks of testing, I think I’ve got it! Today I bring you Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Cook’s Note – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- I used Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips in these cookies, and I highly recommend them as they’re high in quality and taste. Plus they are a bit larger than regular chocolate chips which make they look more bakery-quality!
- I used my trusty 3 Tablespoon scoop to mound the cookie dough on the cookie sheets and I highly recommend using this scoop. It makes the prep work faster.
- You can make these cookies to be flattened or more rounded. How you achieve this is you either scoop & compress the dough with your fingers or just scoop the dough. See the picture below.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
ONE YEAR AGO: Sausage and Peppers Slow Cooker Recipe
TWO YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Chili
THREE YEARS AGO: Ground Beef Stroganoff
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter I used JIF
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 11.5 ounces bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Move oven racks to the middle and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl sift together the dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl if you're using hand beaters), cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and mix until just combined.
- Using a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. If you want a flatter cookie, compress each dough ball lightly with your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking, or until the cookies are light golden brown but still soft in the middle.
- Move cookie sheets to wire rack and cool for 30 minutes before serving.