Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
Every Friday it’s pizza night at our house. I love cooking up fun pizza combinations, but sometimes I crave something a little different. That’s when this Pepperoni Pizza Salad Sandwich was born. I used baked pizza dough as the bread, and then filled it with lightly dressed spring mix, pesto, goat cheese, mozzarella, and Hormel Pepperoni…lots of pepperoni!
On cold, winter nights there’s something very comforting about these Pepperoni Pizza Salad Sandwiches. They’re nice and warm when you bite into them and have all the elements of your favorite pepperoni pizza–and then some!
My lovely ingredients for this Pepperoni Pizza Salad Sandwich:
CLICK HERE to save $1.00 on the purchase of any two (2) HORMEL® Pepperoni packages (while supplies last)!
These Pepperoni Pizza Salad Sandwiches are so easy to make. Let me show you how:
STEP 1:: Divide your pizza dough into 4 equal pieces, and roll out into a 10-inch long oval.
STEP 2:: Bake the pizza dough until the crust is golden.
STEP 3:: Spread the goat cheese & pesto mixture over the crust.
STEP 4:: Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the mozzarella over the top.
STEP 5:: Cover with Hormel pepperoni.
STEP 6:: Slice in half.
STEP 7:: Top half of the crust with the dressed greens.
STEP 8:: Finish the sandwich by placing the other half on top of the bottom half. Serve immediately.
Cook’s Note for Pepperoni Pizza Salad Sandwich Recipe:
For this sandwich use your favorite pizza dough recipe. The dough should weigh about 2 pounds. You can also us store-bought or purchased flatbread.
If you don’t like goat cheese, feel free to swap it out for softened cream cheese.
- 1 2- pound pizza dough ball use you favorite recipe (I used this one
- 1 4- ounce package goat cheese at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-5 ounces Hormel Pepperoni depending on your preference
- 3 cups Spring Mix salad greens
- 3-4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette depending on your preference
- Divide your 2-pound pizza dough ball into 4 equal pieces. Roll/press the dough out into a 10-inch oval.
- Bake the pizza dough as per your recipe's instructions.
- While the crust is baking, in a small bowl add the goat cheese and pesto sauce. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss the Spring mix with the Balsamic dressing, set aside.
- As soon as the pizza crust comes out of the oven, transfer to a cutting board. Cover each crust with 1/4 of the goat cheese mixture followed by 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover each crust with Hormel Pepperoni to your liking, and 3/4 cup of the dressed Spring mix greens.
- Slice the crusts in half, and place one half on top of the other. Serve immediately.
I’m linking up this post for Pepperoni Pizza Salad Sandwich at:
Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts