THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
I Like Big Bundts and I Cannot Lie…Yep, I totally went there folks. But seriously, look at this Chocolate Ribbon Vanilla Pound Cake recipe with Almonds and tell me you’re not thinking the same thing. Do you have that song stuck in your head now? Oh good. Now you have a personal soundtrack to listen to as you dance your way into the kitchen and whip up this pound cake recipe! 😉
Disclosure: This post for Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
This is my new favorite vanilla pound cake recipe, and since I love vanilla it’s my favorite bundt cake recipe EVER! This pound cake is so buttery (it better be because there’s 1 1/2 pounds of butter in this big, beautiful pound cake recipe)! While this cake is buttery, t’s not greasy at all. Consequently something completely magical happens at the bottom of the pan with all of those almonds–they become almost candy-like as they bake into this pound cake.
First of all let’s talk about that chocolate ribbon. You’d probably want the chocolate chips dispersed throughout this vanilla pound cake recipe, but think again. In additional to their flavor boost, the mini chocolate chips melt and become this amazing ribbon surrounded by rich, buttery pound cake. As a result it creates something truly special. Consequently it’s something you don’t want to skip!
This pound cake recipe…
- is big
- is coated in candy-like almonds
- has a chocolate ribbon running throughout
What’s not to love?
Cook’s Note – Pound Cake Recipe:
- Butter is a MUST in this pound cake recipe, so no substitutions!
- If you don’t have cake flour in your pantry, just whip up a recipe of my Cake Flour Substitute Recipe and you’ll be good to go!
- This vanilla pound cake recipe stands on its own, so you really don’t need to serve ice cream or whipped cream with it. I do, however, suggest serving it with a tall glass of milk!
- This pound cake recipe will serve 16 so it’s a great cake for bringing to pot lucks or large get togethers!
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe
- I used my favorite bundt pan EVER to make this pound cake recipe.
- vanilla (this is the only one I keep in my pantry)
- mini chocolate chips
Chocolate Ribbon Vanilla Pound Cake recipe with Almonds
- 10 Ounce package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 Cups butter
- 3 1/2 Cups powdered sugar sifted
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 Cups cake flour sifted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Beat the butter in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar. Increase the speed to medium and beat the mixture until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs. one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour into the creamed mixture.
- Heavily butter and dust with flour a 10-inch (12 cup) plain or decorative bundt pan; add almonds, then tilt the pan to coat inside with nuts. Add half the batter into the pan and smooth to even out (batter will be thick). Evenly distribute the mini chocolate chips over the batter. Add the remaining batter and smooth.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 90-100 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen cake and invert out onto wire rack and let cool at least 1 hour. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, cut into thin slices.
Make ahead: up to 2 days, stored at room temperature.
Pound Cake Recipe Love: