The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This is the BEST Pumpkin Bread recipe ever! The recipe calls for 1 can of pumpkin and makes 2 loaves. It’s perfectly spiced and easy to make, too!
Fall is here, and that means it’s Pumpkin Bread season! No Fall is complete without my mom’s Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Pumpkin Bread! It uses 1 can of pumpkin and makes 2 loaves.
My mom has stayed with us the last couple of weeks to help out as we adjust to life with our new little one, and I have taken the opportunity to have her make her famous Pumpkin Bread recipe for us. We may have even had it for dinner the day she made it. No, seriously…we did. 🙂
My mom has made this recipe for at least 20 years, and it is perfect; there’s no need to search for another recipe!
- My family likes to top slices of pumpkin bread with a little cream cheese…delicious!
- This recipe makes 2 large loaves; save one for your family and give one away to a friend or neighbor! Or just eat a loaf for dinner as we did and save the other one for later. 🙂
- The pumpkin bread will keep covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
ONE YEAR AGO: Peanut Butter Frosting
TWO YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Chili
THREE YEARS AGO: Quinoa Taco Casserole
Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 2 ½ Cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15- Ounce Can pumpkin
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 9×5-inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light an fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and water and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined and there are no more flour pockets.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 2 prepared loaf pans and bake 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer loaf pans to a wire rack to cool. Cool at least 2 hours before slicing.
Make 2 loaves of pumpkin bread.