THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This 4-ingredient Queso Blanco Dip is so creamy, irresistible and most importantly, comes together in just minutes! Everyone always loves this Velveeta Queso Blanco. I’ve even caught guests licking the bowl!
It costs about $9.86 to make this dip. The recipe makes 16 servings, which works out to be just $0.62 per serving.
With the big game just right around the corner, I’ve been all about posting finger foods, dips, and tailgating recipes lately like my Mexican Spinach Dip, Chicken and Waffle Sliders, Philly Cheesesteak Dip, and this Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip!
Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip
CONFESSION TIME: I have a secret love affair with chips and queso. Seriously I’d have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could…
When I lived in Albuquerque, I’d get chips and queso at Taco Cabana (menu item #21) often, and this recipe is pretty close to theirs. My Queso Blanco is creamy, dreamy, and studded with chopped green chiles.
This dip has just the right amount of heat from the peppers and chiles. It’s super creamy, cheesy, and smooth due to the Velveeta cheese. It is delicious served as an appetizer. But it is so good I love to use it in other ways too.
You can use it to drizzle over the top of these Burrito Bowls, top off some Mexican Rice with it, smother your favorite burrito with the sauce, or even spread it onto your hamburger. This is definitely one recipe you can repeatedly use with other recipes and never tire of it.
For parties, I also like serving my Refried Beans in the crockpot right next to this chips and queso dip. The refried beans help cut through the richness of the queso.
Can this easy Queso Blanco be made in a crockpot?
Definitely, a little more time is all you need to make this dip in the crockpot. Put all of the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 1-2 hours. Stir the mixture until it is creamy and smooth and then keep the slow cooker on warm for serving.
Can this recipe be made ahead of time and reheated?
You can absolutely make this dip ahead of time. Follow the instructions to make it and then store it in the fridge. Just before you are ready to serve it, reheat it in the microwave. As you mix the dip, you may need to add more milk to help the dip get to the consistency it should be at.
Is Velveeta queso blanco spicy?
You can make this dip as spicy or as mild as you’d like. Just purchase mild, medium, or hot green chiles.
How to Make Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip:
STEP ONE: First, cut up the cheese into cubes. Place the cubes into a microwave-safe bowl.
STEP TWO: Then, add the green chilies, jalapenos, and milk to the bowl. Give it a quick stir.
STEP THREE: Lastly, microwave the mixture in 2-minute increments until creamy and smooth. Serve with tortilla chips and get dippin’!
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients:
How much will this Queso Blanco Dip recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $9.86
PER SERVING COST: $0.62
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 2-pound brick Velveeta Queso Blanco – $7.48
- 8 ounces canned chopped green chilies – $1.96
- 2 large jalapenos – $0.40
- 2 Tablespoons milk – $0.02
How long is it good for:
SERVE: If you plan on serving this Velveeta queso blanco dip over an extended period of time, like for tailgating or a Super Bowl party, then transfer the prepared dip to a crockpot set to warm. Give the queso blanco dip a quick stir before serving it.
STORE: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
FREEZE: This dip does not freeze and defrost well. Therefore, I do not recommend freezing it.
Cook’s Note – Queso Blanco Dip:
- If you are serving this dip shortly after making it, then allow it to sit for 1 minute before serving. This will allow the mixture to thicken to the perfect queso blanco consistency!
- You can make this dip as spicy or as mild as you’d like. Just purchase mild, medium, or hot green chiles.
- If you’re looking for a less processed version of this dip, then you need to check out my Green Chile White Queso Dip!
More MEXICAN FOOD recipes:
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Sweet Corn Tamales Cake
- Green Chile Pinto Beans
- Enchilada sauce
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Breakfast Taco Bar
Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip
- 2 pound brick Velveeta Queso Blanco cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces canned chopped green chiles
- 2 large jalapeños minced
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Place the quests blanco cubes, green chilies, jalapeños, and milk into a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes and then stir. Heat for 1 minute on high and stir again. Repeat the process until the cheese is melted and the queso dip is nice and smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips.