30 Minute Quinoa Taco Casserole – a Quick & Easy Weeknight Meal
Week nights can get pretty busy around here, that’s why I love quick & easy meals like this 30 Minute Quinoa Taco Casserole. It packs a real flavor punch, plus it’s on the healthier side, too. It’s high in protein with the quinoa and black beans being the main contributors, and it’s vegetarian. To make this recipe all you do is add all of the ingredients (minus the garnishes) to a large bowl, mix, pour and bake. That’s it, folks!
Cook’s Note – 30 Minute Quinoa Taco Casserole Recipe:
- This is a versatile recipe, feel free to swap out the black beans for your favorite (think garbanzo beans, pinto beans, etc).
- You could add cooked ground beef or shredded chicken to this recipe, but I promise you won’t miss the mean in this casserole!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 8-ounce bottle taco sauce
- ½ cup red chunky salsa (use your favorite brand)
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- ¼ cup sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced, for garnish
- 1 large avocado, diced, for garnish
- ½ cup tortilla strips, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Cook the quinoa as per the package instructions, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9”x13” or 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the quinoa, taco sauce, salsa, corn, black beans, green onions, cilantro, taco seasoning, and salt & pepper. Mix in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa mixture just starts to bubble and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with tomato, avocado, tortilla strips, sour cream, green onion, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
50 Easy Weeknight Meals