The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Disclosure: Thanks to Pompeian for sponsoring today’s recipe for Raspberry and Ricotta Flatbread! As always, all opinions are mine. #PompeianHoliday
This Raspberry and Ricotta Flatbread is a quick and easy recipe that can be either an appetizer or light lunch for the holidays or anytime!
This Raspberry and Ricotta Flatbread recipe can serve as an appetizer or a light lunch. I will be serving it as an appetizer before Christmas dinner. It’s super easy to whip up.
Here’s all you need to make this Raspberry and Ricotta Flatbread Recipe:
- You can change this recipe up by using your favorite soft cheeses (think goat cheese, Bree, etc) and fruit (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, peaches, etc).
- A drizzle of either honey or a balsamic glaze would be lovely.
- 1 Tablespoon + more for brushing Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion 1/4-inch diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 pre-packaged flatbreads approximately 10 x 7 1/2-inches each
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta
- pinch of salt
- 1 6 oz. package fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and preheat pan. Add the onions and sauté, stirring frequently, until they caramelize; about 15-20 minutes. Stir in rosemary and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange flatbreads on prepared baking sheet, and brush lightly with olive oil. Divide and distribute the onions evenly over the flatbreads. Dollop ¼ cup of ricotta over each flatbread. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt each, and then arrange the raspberries on top.
- Bake until bread is slightly crisp and ricotta starts to lightly brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Top with chopped basil, slice, and serve immediately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
This recipe looks simple and fun! I love the combination of fruits and cheese. I’m definitely making this!
Jessica Formicola says
I love the sweet and savory combination of raspberry and ricotta! This is the perfect appetizer for the holidays!
Oooooh, Jillian, this looks SUPER good! And, as much as I can totally see enjoying this for a special lunch, I agree with you that it’s perfect as a holiday appetizer! I mean, just look at those festive colors – so pretty!
Lisa Huff says
What a great combo with the olive oil, ricotta, and raspberries. Perfect for the holidays!
Love the combination of sweet and savory in this! Sweet raspberries, creamy ricotta, and savory olive oil are a heavenly bite.