S’mores Snack Mix is delicious, easy to make, and irresistible. It combines graham cereal, melted milk chocolate bars, mini chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
It costs about $7.22 to make this snack mix. The recipe makes eight servings for approximately $0.90 per serving.
Table of Contents
Smores Snack Mix
Have you tried the Fannie May Smore’s Snack Mix? It’s delicious, but I knew I could make it at home in no time.
The sweet and salty flavor combo and the crunchy and soft texture of the ingredients are unbeatable. Using a graham cereal gives the Smore Snack Mix a buttery taste that complements the sweet chocolate and marshmallows.
It is like a trail mix that you can snack on throughout the day, after-school, during movie night, or when you are entertaining. We love to gift it to friends, neighbors, and family. It reminds me of summer in a jar! S’mores Snack Mix provides a twist on a classic treat your whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.90
Recipe Cost: $7.22
- 12 ounces Hershey’s milk chocolate – $5.16
- 4 heaping cups Golden Grahams cereal – $1.22
- 2 heaping cups mini marshmallows – $0.50
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips – $0.34
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Smores Snack Mix
- First, line a baking sheet with wax paper. Then break up the chocolate bar into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and then microwave in 10-second increments until melted.
- Next, using a silicone spatula, spread a few tablespoons of the melted chocolate onto the wax paper.
- Then, mix the Golden Grahams cereal and marshmallows together in a large bowl.
- Spread the cereal and marshmallows across the melted chocolate. Press lightly into one layer.
- Pour the remaining chocolate from the bowl into a piping bag or into a sandwich bag, snipping off a small corner to create a piping bag.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the marshmallows and graham cereal. Sprinkle with some of the mini chocolate chips.
- Next, freeze the baking sheet for fifteen minutes.
- Finally, break up the mixture into clusters before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Try adding broken salted pretzel twists for a salty bite to counter all of the sugar.
- For an authentic s’mores taste, use Hershey’s milk chocolate bars. Other quality brands of chocolate I like are Ghirrardelli, Lindt, Baker’s, and Godiva.
SERVE: Enjoy as a snack or as a dessert. Sometimes we like to have this as a topping on ice cream.
STORE: This snack mix will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for about 1 week.
FREEZE: Place the snack mix in a freezer-safe container or zipper-top bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Please note that upon defrostng the chocolate may discolor a little.
DEFROST: Defrost at room temperature for about an hour before serving.
S’mores are a universal treat made up of a crunchy graham cracker, soft melted chocolate, and a slightly toasted marshmallow that has been toasted to golden perfection over a campfire. They are well-known treats at any campfire because they are easy to make. With this S’mores Snack Mix, you can enjoy that same fabulous taste without having to build a fire to enjoy the flavors!
Along with this S’mores Snack Mix, I have some no-bake recipes that I enjoy making year-round, but especially in the summer when I do not want to heat up the kitchen by baking things in the oven. Here are my Top Ten favorite no-bake recipes:
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
No-Bake Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Birthday Rice Krispie Treats
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
Vanilla Custard Ice Cream
- Movie Theater Popcorn
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Cinnamon Sugar Smoked Almonds
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
S’mores Snack Mix
- Wax paper. Parchment will work as well.
- Plastic sandwich bag, or piping bag fitted size 3 round tip
- mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- baking sheet
- Silicone spatula
- 12 ounces Hershey’s milk chocolate
- 4 heaping cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 heaping cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
PREP BAKING SHEET:
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Break up the milk chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds on high, stir. Microwave in 10 second increments, stirring between each, until chocolate is just melted. Do not overheat chocolate.
- Spread a few tablespoons of the melted chocolate onto the wax paper, spreading with a silicone spatula. It’s easiest to hold the paper down with one hand and pull the spatula down and away from the hand holding the paper.
MIX SNACK MIX:
- Working quickly, mix the graham crackers and marshmallows together in a large bowl. Spread them evenly across the chocolate on the waxed paper, pressing lightly into one layer.
- If your remaining chocolate in the bowl has cooled, microwave for another 10 seconds.
- Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag or a sandwich bag and snip a tiny bit of the corner off to create a piping bag.
- Drizzle generously over top of the marshmallows and graham cereal. Sprinkle with some of the mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, or refrigerate for 30, or until chocolate has cooled and hardened completely.
- Break up into clusters.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature, or the refrigerator, for up to a week.
- Break up the snack mix when it’s very cold to minimize melting.
- Wearing a disposable plastic glove while breaking up the snack mix will keep your hands clean, and keep fingerprints off the chocolate.