Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
This Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup is so delicious and so easy to make. I know it will become an instant hit at your house and your family will ask for it week after week!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage hot, mild, or sweet
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil plus more for garnish
Line a large plate with 3 sheets of paper towel, and set aside. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat add the Italian sausage and use a wooden spoon to break the meat apart into chunks. Cook until browned and completely cooked thru, about 5-6 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium-high and add the onion and cook until translucent and starting to brown on the edges, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, tortellini, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper and increase the heat to high. Bring the mixture to a low boil, and then reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 minutes. Stir in the sausage, cream, Parmesan, and basil and cook for 2 additional minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.69g | Protein: 17.17g | Fat: 27.51g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 3.8g | Sugar: 4.39g | Vitamin A: 2000IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 2.7mg