Easy Carrot Cake Loaf
Easy Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe: you'll love how easy and delicious this recipe is!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons salted butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound carrots peeled and grated on small holes of a box grater
- 1/2 cup golden raisins roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
FLUFFY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened but still cool
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened, cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
FOR THE CAKE:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8X4-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray; set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
Whisk together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and combined.
Whisk in the dry ingredients until combined and no flour pockets remain.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Cool the cake in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove the cake and cool it completely on a wire rack.
FOR THE FLUFFY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
Beat the butter and powdered sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix until no lumps remain and the mixture becomes light and fluffy again, about 2 more minutes.
Frost the loaf cake with a thick and even layer of frosting, and sprinkle with toasted pecans or walnuts (optional).
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 4350IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.5mg